Anxiety Disorders/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Anxiety9/4/2016Reed (John Rieger)
  Q: i face a problem from one year ago summarized as following i feel like electrical shock in my head ...
  A: I'm not a medical doctor so I can't help you in that area. What I would suggest is that you write ...
Anxiety1/1/2016Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I am 35 years old...have generalized anxiety disorder, otherwise I am ok. Have a quick question....I ...
  A: Anxiety arises when you are overproducing stress hormones, not because of some external event ...
Anxiety8/19/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I have been suffering from anxiety for the last six months due to lack of sleep and stress.The last ...
  A: I am glad to hear that magnesium is helping you to sleep better. But magnesium will not by itself ...
Anxiety issues after having sex8/12/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: Hey there. I have been having anxiety since I've started having sex. I lost my virginity at 21 and I ...
  A: When you suffer from anxiety attacks no amount of logical reasoning is going to help you, because ...
Worrying8/9/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: my name is Natasha, I am a 19 year old second-year student athlete who goes to a school 10 hours ...
  A: ‘That is indeed a long post. It all comes down that you severely suffer from anxiety and that you ...
Anxiety? PTSD?7/3/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I feel like I have an anxiety disorder but don't want to "self diagnose" myself. It is almost ...
  A: I can see you are going through a difficult time, and that you suffering from anxiety. This is due ...
what are the symptoms of anxiety attack6/17/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: hi Jurriaan how do you know if you have an anxiety attack& what are the symptoms of a anxiety ...
  A: Please read: Beating Anxiety and Phobias ...
Consults/Prescriptions6/9/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I Am In Dire Need Of Drs Who Are Willing To Consult And Or Hand Write Prescriptions I Have Been Out ...
  A: It seems to me that you are taking these drugs because you suffer from anxiety and insomnia. If this ...
Serdep and Alchol5/28/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I have recently been put on Serdep (150mg) for anxiety. I would like to know if there will be any ...
  A: As a nutritional psychotherapist I am always in favour leaving drug therapy for mood disorder as the ...
Weird feeling on hearing sound5/27/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I am a 27 yrs old male. Whenever I use to hear a sound like coughing or door opening or even ...
  A: I don’t know for sure what might be the problem. But if it is anxiety I suggest that you test ...
fidgeting4/23/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I am a chronic picker, my counselor recommended fidget toys and gave me stress balls but I do not ...
  A: This seems to fall under the heading of compulsive behaviour. In that case I suggest you have a look ...
anxiety?4/6/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: For years I have suffered from bouts of light headedness, a strange sense of loss of equilibrium, ...
  A: With all the test you have undergone It is not easy to locate the problem. But as a Nutritional ...
Anxiety and cold hands3/26/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I have had a generalized anxiety disorder for most of my life. I'm a 39 year old female. I ...
  A: Anxiety can express itself in many form. The most common source of anxiety is pre-diabetic insulin ...
anxiety problems3/16/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I've been dealing with anxiety for almost 3 years now and I've had enough, I can't take it anymore ...
  A: The solution is simpler that you think. Please read: Beating Anxiety and Phobias ...
Phagophobia and Diet2/19/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: What should we be looking for when choosing a nutritionalist for people with panic/attacks, phobias, ...
  A: It is a pity you did not mention how old your daughter is. If she is a reader she could read herself ...
girlfriend's anxiety disorder1/11/2015Reed (John Rieger)
  Q: This question is regarding severe anxiety that my girlfriend is currently experiencing. Since we ...
  A: I’m confused as to whether your girlfriend has only had this severe anxiety since the two of you ...
fear of death1/7/2015Reed (John Rieger)
  Q: I live the fear as though it's about to happen. I get this fear all the time now it's always going ...
  A: While you are trying to help your mother with her fear of death by talking about it, what you don’t ...
tension12/13/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: "Hi,I am vivek from India.My wife is tension taking lady,she gets tensed in ups and,down in life.She ...
  A: Probably, this is all happening because of an underlying metabolic disorder called hypoglycemia ...
OCD?11/24/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: about few months ago(that's when it all started), I've been distressed, terrorized, and disgusted ...
  A: It seems to me that your anxiety attacks and anxious thoughts may be due to hypoglycemia ...
Anxiety has made me clingy11/12/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: My name's Judy .I am 16.I have been suffering from an anxiety disorder since early teens.My anxiety ...
  A: I have a feeling that you anxiety attacks are due to the fact that your body is overproducing stress ...
Paranoia11/11/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I've got a whole raft of problems that I feel compelled to bring up to you. I'm 19, and have just ...
  A: I am not completely sure what the problem is, but I have a feeling that it has something to do with ...
Anxiety11/10/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I'm 20 year old male. From my childhood I have always been scared of the future. For ex, some ...
  A: At least it is a good sign that you recognise that your fears are irrational. This is because you ...
Is it depression or just my anxiety10/5/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: You see I have anxiety and major depression is my biggest fear. I'm afraid that I might become ...
  A: Anxiety and depression usually go together but fortunately most are easily treated by the adoption ...
panic attack or loss of balance7/24/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: Recently while sitting my left ear/sinus/head popped and my head fell to the left. I tried to stand ...
  A: It is difficult to assess your emotional problems from a distance, but if Anxiety seems to be a ...
therapy for specific thought of rumination7/18/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: Respected sir. myself taking allopathic medicines from psychiatrist for ocd and anxiety for last 18 ...
  A: I am a retired nutritional psychotherapist and am trying to help people overcome mood disorders by ...
PTSD Witnessed suicide at Ft Dix7/17/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I witnessed a suicide at Ft. Dix in May of 1981 while I was stationed there. I have recurring ...
  A: Witnessing a suicide must be a tremendous stress. However if you are not recovering from this ...
Self- concious mind4/6/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: How to do i stop my self-conscious mind from thinking of myself that iam black and not so good ...
  A: You seem to have a low self-esteem, not so much because of all the reasons you give, but rather ...
Eye contact problem3/28/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: When i talk with anyone i can't make eye contact with him & can't talk anyone or too much by seeing ...
  A: Your eye contact problems are similar to signs of various underlying illnesses that cause you to ...
Anxiety3/28/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: i have been suffering from Anxiety for past 3 yrs. i hav tried alopathy, ayurvedic and homeopathy ...
  A: Try out: Beating Anxiety and Phobias ...
Side effects haven't gone away after quitting amitriptyline after almost 3 months(was on them for a 1 1/2 years)2/22/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I dealt with mild depression and anxiety throughout my teen years due to my weight and my life at ...
  A: Depression is a serious to go through. Medication does help sometimes but in the end medication does ...
Intrusive Sexual Thoughts1/31/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I am 17 years old male and I've been experiencing worst kind of anxiety and It all started few days ...
  A: You are just at an age when you are going through a sexual revolution within your body. If you are ...
panic1/8/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I am a 70 year old female. I have been diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder many years ago. I ...
  A: Your problems might be due to the fact that your body is overproducing stress hormones (adrenaline ...
Anxiety chest and muscle pain12/17/2013Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I have had anxiety on and off for 13 years and my newest symptom is a stabbing pain under my left ...
  A: Anxiety attacks can have all sorts of weird symptoms. Read: Anxiety and The Autonomic Nervous ...
regarding SAD12/15/2013Reed (John Rieger)
  Q: My name is Thomas. I am suffering from Social anxiety disorder. I am planning to take ...
  A: You may consider this answer a smart-ass one, but that is your choice. If you had read my bio, you ...
problems with eating out.11/30/2013Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I have this problem that I can only eat at home. when I try to eat at school or at a friends house ...
  A: This seems to be social anxiety or more generally suffering from irrational anxiety. It could be ...
Easily overwhelmed11/18/2013Reed (John Rieger)
  Q: My name is Leanne and I wanted to write to you to see if you have and suggestions to help me cope ...
  A: I had that problem too as multiple choice and open book tests were I felt, always had questions that ...
Fear of Paralysis110/31/2013Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: ear Dr. Reed, I am 45 years male with mitral valve prolapse since 5 years & suffering from severe ...
  A: This must be very difficult for you. The fear that you are experiencing may be explained by he fact ...
Fear of Paralysis10/31/2013Reed (John Rieger)
  Q: Reed, I am 45 years male with mitral valve prolapse since 5 years & suffering from severe health ...
  A: First off, I am NOT a doctor… I am a person like you that had issues and has healed them… I didn't ...
PTSD10/31/2013Reed (John Rieger)
  Q: I have a question...... I have been dealing with PTSD for about 8 years now from my military ...
  A: Climbing a 45 to 90 foot pole is never safe… Been there done that… But putting that aside, the ...
Technical Term for Getting Physically Sick after Mental Stress?9/30/2013Reed (John Rieger)
  Q: I'm not quite sure why, but unfortunately I've been through a lot of pressure lately. I have started ...
  A: If you want a medical label for your condition, I did a quick google search using your subject title ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

Top Expert on this page