Anxiety Disorders/Anxiety/Valium?

Hello, for the past 4 years I have had REALLY BAD anxiety and depression. I started counceling in March of this year, I have been on Rispiridol, Syraquil, Celexa and a few more (sorry I know I spelled them wrong) for my halusinations, Major Depression, and Anxiety. Non of them have helped and I've had pretty bad symptoms with them. When i go to get teeth taken out and they put me to sleep they give me Moriphine, Valium pills, and Valium in an IV. The Valium really helps me calm down cause I get so upset when I teeth taken out. I am 14 almost 15 and I wanted to know could I ask my doctor to put me on Valium for only when I have anxiety attacks? Would there be any chance of her putting me on it? By the way I live in the United States.

Hi Cala,

It is seldom that drug therapy will resolve anxiety or depression. Medications only mask symptoms and do nothing to address the underlying biochemistry responsible for mood disorders. Most people with mood disorder suffer from hypoglycemia and going on a hypoglycemic diet is the first step in treatment. Please discuss the following articles with your therapist of health care worker.

What is Hypoglycemia?
Beating Anxiety and Phobias    
Depression is a Nutritional Disorder

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)