Anxiety Disorders/Fear of Paralysis

Question
Dear Dr. Reed,
I am 45 years male with mitral valve prolapse since 5 years & suffering from severe health anxiety since 10 years. I have been living with different fears from time to time related to health, especially heart. I have been to so many cardiologist & neurologist to get assurance from different fears. I did my cardio test also.I walk daily for 40 minutes & eat health food. I know all anxiety symptoms & was living with anxiety. My problem is My symptoms comes without any anxiety, provoke or fear. I feel my nerve making pressure/vibrating on chest,left face & jaw, head, leg & elbow. until now i have been facing without fear. sometimes i feel something on my left face, Now i started fearing that i will get paralysis. this fear is making me severe anxiety & i am obsessing about it.
i know anxiety & panic is causing numbness, tingling feelings in leg, hand face etc. but still i am not able to convince myself i am obsessing it is paralysis.
i am afraid to google about paralysis and need some help about paralysis, so i can fight with this symptoms. i need to know that, i want to know how paralysis is caused it should be some serious disease or stroke. plz help me so i can convince my mind that this is all anxiety and not the symptoms of paralysis. I went to neruologist, they started me on cipralex and told me this is all anxiety related. i want to tell my mind through cognitive therapy that this is anxiety symptoms & for paralysis you have to have so & so problems, then only it will come.
i will be grateful to you & god bless u.
Thanks & regards.
afzal

Answer
Hi Afzal,

First off, I am NOT a doctor…  I am a person like you that had issues and has healed them… I didn't do that by treating the SYMPTOMS, but by looking for the underlying CAUSE…

Secondly, let’s get some facts in order…
•   You are 45 years old…
•   You  have been living with different fears from time to time related to health, especially heart.
•   You have suffering from severe health anxiety since 10 years.
•   You say…. 5 years ago, your doctor diagnosed you as having mitral valve prolapsed.
•   You say.. My problem is My symptoms comes without any anxiety, provoke or fear.
•   And you also say… i know anxiety & panic is causing numbness, tingling feelings in leg, hand face etc.
•   YOU say… i am afraid to google about paralysis and need some help about paralysis, so i can fight with this symptoms.
•   You also state… I went to neruologist, they started me on cipralex and told me this is all anxiety related..

Mitral Valve Prolapse is hereditary…  which means that you were born with it… Does that make you think?  You went through life with no issues or symptoms and you are now 45 years old.  The physical symptoms only started to appear 10 YEARS AGO, when you were suffering from anxiety and it was only 5 YEARS ago when your so-called doctor diagnosed you with having Mitral Valve Prolapse that you put a name to the physical aliment  and symptoms, created, by what your neurologist says is anxiety.. or to be more specific….  by  your DENIED fears and terror…  that he thinks can be cured with drugs.

No one can heal your issues except you. To do that, you need to be both the detective and doctor. If you are AFRAID to face your FEARS, you will never heal them… You might begin by visiting this webpage http://www.medicinenet.com/mitral_valve_prolapse/article.htm  and then do a Google search to find out more information.

When you experience these attacks, you need to dig deeper and ask yourself, who, what, where, when, why and how, and when you get an answer, ask another question and keep doing so until you get to the REAL underlying cause of your DENIED FEAR and TERROR..  When you do, allow yourself to express all the feelings and emotions that you never allowed yourself to express….

There is a lot more to healing your anxiety issues, and if you are interested in learning how to heal your issues and empower yourself, then you may want to consider downloading my free eBooks from my website at http://shenreed.com/index.html . I’ll be publishing version 2 of Book 1 and will be publishing book 2 and 3 in few days so you may want to drop back and pick up the new ones.

Regards
Reed

Anxiety Disorders

Reed (John Rieger)