Anxiety Disorders/PTSD, GAD and/or Agorap?

I'm 68 and , beginning with a divorce in 1985 (and Never before that) I've had anxiety especially when leaving the house. The divorce was Extremely traumatic and , when I met my now husband in '86, panic attacks began. Thank God they lasted about a year then turned into what I think is GAD and some agoraphobia. I have no problems being around people; it's the GETTING THERE that makes me anxious. Thus, I am most comfortable at home. I can wake up feeling fine. Then if my husband wants to go into town I begin feeling anxious and Stay anxious until we're on our way home . I won't go on meds so I don't see a counselor. Do you think I might have PTSD and GAD plus a little agoraphobia? When going out alone I am anxious about half the time and fine the other half. thanks .

Hi susan,

Although it may appear that your divorce from your previous husband may have triggered your anxiety attacks, the reality is that stressful events in your life may trigger a latent underlying metabolic disorder that comes to the fore. The potential to suffer from anxiety was latent and this we have to treat now.
The most common illness that can trigger anxiety and depression is Hypoglycemia (,) which causes the over-production of stress hormones. These form the symptoms of mood disorders over which you would have no conscious control.
This can be treated by going on a Hypoglycemic Diet (

Thus going on a hypoglycemic diet will eventually solve the problems of anxiety.
Also read:

Beating Anxiety and Phobias    

I hope I have been of some help.

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)