Anxiety Disorders/Anxiety, Perhaps?

I'm a young female, with some weird problems. I have seem to developed an aversion to people and general, and before I go out to places, I find myself hyperventilating, crying and general hysteria. If I do actually make it past that point, when I am in public it turns to paranoia, convinced that everyone is looking at me, judging me. I'm quite often looked down upon for my "anti-social" behaviour.

I have begun to wonder if I have anxiety, but the couple of mention I mentioned it to (family) told me I was just over dramatic and needed to get over myself.

I also find myself in weird moods, where I become quite aggressive, and generally want to hurt people. Badly. To the point of vivid visualisation. Sometimes this turns from other people to myself, however.

I just really need some idea of if I have something wrong, or if this is all just in my head.

Thank you.

Hi Becky,
I am sorry I have not answered before as i was away for a while. Here is an answer I have given to another person with practically the same problems as yours.

This are all signs of Hypoglycemia (,) which causes the over-production of stress hormones. These form the symptoms of mood disorders over which you would not have conscious control.
This can be treated by going on a Hypoglycemic Diet (

Also read:
Treatment of a Low Self Esteem
Beating Anxiety and Phobias    
Anxiety and The Autonomic Nervous System

and discuss with a counselor or a nutritional doctor if you so wish.

Also study:
Summary of Psychotherapy Course

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)