Anxiety Disorders/Are they nervous attacks?

Whenever I am excited I feel something like a sudden rush of energy, then I can't sit still and usually need to do things like walking quickly, running or moving my hands. These movements are not involuntary, but they are compulsive. As far as I can remember, my life was like this. I have seen psychologists and psychiatrists and used anti depressants for 13 years until the psychiatrist told me that they were no longer needed and I had to face my disorder and tolerate it all my life. But nobody told me the name of my condition. I am going to marry soon and I do need to tell my fiance the name of my disease. What is it?

Hi Pegah,

Psychiatrists have often a poor understanding of mood disorders, so you cannot expect them to understand your condition. My guess is that you may be suffering from hypoglycemia (,) a condition not generally recognized by the medical fraternity at present and which causes the over-production of stress hormones. These form the symptoms of mood disorders over which you would not have conscious control.
This can be treated by going on a Hypoglycemic Diet (

I suggest that you test yourself with:

Nutrition-Behavior Inventory (NBI)

Hypoglycemic Questionnaire (short test)
If you score high it may be an indication that ou are suffering from hypoglycemia.  This is a silent disease that is responsible for excess production of stress hormones - like adrenaline and cortisol - and which may trigger depression, anxiety or a low self-esteem.

If symptom continue to bother you. I suggest you get a referral to a nutritional doctor. or counselor.

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)