Anxiety Disorders/nutrition

I have read that anxiety can be caused by toxins in the body got from the environment.  What kind of specialist can I go to in order to be evaluated for this but I don't want to throw away my money on randomly going from one practitioner to another.

I don't feel confident that a either a standard blood test done by my GP or standard advice from a standard psychotherapist will give me the nutrition/toxicology expertise I need.

Hello Steve,

The first step in treating anxiety is to go on a hypoglycemic diet ( Hypoglycemia (,) causes the over-production of stress hormones. These form the symptoms of mood disorders over which you would not have conscious control. And this can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet.
Other factors to be considered are allergies, food sensitivities and any of the digestive disorder.

Please read:

Beating Anxiety and Phobias    

It is true that heavy metal intoxication ( can also cause mood disorders.

This is best assessed and diagnose by nutritional doctors. See:
Looking for Complementary Health Practitioners at

I hope I have been of some help to you.

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)