Anxiety Disorders/Paxil CR adverse effect

My name is Haider. 22 years male. I have been on paxil CR 25mg for only two... My psych. doctor prescribed me... because I have been suffering from depression and glasophobia for the last two to three years. I am extremely worried about the side effects of this medicine. Lack of interest in sex... clinical worsening or suicide risk... Are these adverse effect vanish after continues used of this medicine??? and how long should I take this medicine because I am very much worried about the side effect...

Thank you!!!

HI Hailer,

I believe that medication for anxiety such as "glasophobia" (fear of public speaking) only mask symptoms but do nothing to address the underlying biochemical abnormality that is responsible for anxiety. I believe that your anxiety is due to hypoglycemia (,) which causes the over-production of stress hormones. These form the symptoms of mood disorders including irrational fears over which you would not have conscious control.
This can be treated without resort to drugs by going on a Hypoglycemic Diet (

Also read:

Beating Anxiety and Phobia  

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)