Anxiety Disorders/Red rash on the neck and relation to possible anxiety?

Red rash
Red rash  
Hello my name is Matthew.

I'm sorry if I have posted this into the wrong area but from recent research within the internet it all leads back to anxiety, stress and panic attacks.

My problem is that for the last couple of months, or since I can remember I have noticed a red rash that appears under the right side of my chin. At first I did not think much of it or thought it was a heat rash from sleep but as time has gone by the rash does not descend or either show signs of changing.

I'm 19 years old and a Photography college student and approaching the last few stages of his course. With college life and the work given this can become very, very stressful on myself. I suffer from depression but have decided to not try any tablets into the sort and this can fall back on me a lot with my work and life as well as cases of strong anxiety.

Over the last few months a lot has changed and none of it appears to be helpful. All I have is horrible feelings in which I end up feeling I deserve this, some how.

If there is any chance you could help me from this picture and give me any advice, anything at all I would strongly appreciate it. Even if you read this is more then a thank you.

(I could go into more details on things but I don't think it would be appropriate.)

Thank you again.

Dear Mathew.
Having a rash and being depressed may be a separate issue, but it could also be related.  
As to depression and anxiety it may pay for you to go on hypoglycemic diet (, because it has been found that many people with depression and anxiety suffer from hypoglycemia (,) which causes the over-production of stress hormones. These form the symptoms of mood disorders such as depression and excess anxiety over which you would not have conscious control.

If the rash does not improve, it may be due to an allergy that needs to be tested by a nutritional doctor.

If nothing seem to improve please consult a nutritional doctor.

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)