Anxiety Disorders/Anxiety

I am a 35 year old female.
I have suffer from health anxiety/hypochondria for at least 12 years now.
A few months ago after having a couple of panic attacks, I started having this prickly skin feeling here and there all over my body.
I went to my Dr. and Dermatologist, but everything seems normal.
I want to know if stingy or prickly skin sensations are a normal symptom in people with anxiety?

Thank you for your time!

Hi Jillian,

Yes, any skin condition could be the result of hypoglycemia ( This can be treated by going on a Hypoglycemic Diet

Also see:

Hypochondria and Hypoglycemia

Beating Anxiety and Phobia

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman
Also at Facebook:

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)