Anxiety Disorders/Anxiety

Hello. I'm 20 year old male. From my childhood I have always been scared of the future. For ex, some childhood friend told me that all life on Earth was going to die in 2010 and I became scared stopped enjoying life. I know that it was illogical but I couldn't stop being scared. Now I simply fear that my parents are going to die without any reason even though they are perfectly healthy and that makes me feel afraid of future all the time. In short, I find a reason myself always to be afraid of the future and not live in the present. This has been so stressful to me. How do I get around this?

Hi Nikhil,

At least it is a good sign that you recognise that your fears are irrational. This is because you body seem to be over-producing stress hormones beyond you control. Thus is usually due to hypoglycemia (

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

Please read as a further explanation:

Beating Anxiety and Phobias  

and discuss with a nutritional doctor if you want to.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:  

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)