Anxiety Disorders/Anxiety has made me clingy

Hello.My name's Judy .I am 16.I have been suffering from an anxiety disorder since early teens.My anxiety has made me very clingy.When my mom is mad at me or is in a bad mood I cant stop thinking about it and my imagination runs wild.I automatically assume each line she says is about me and I feel horrible.So I keep going to her trying to fix it but it annoys her more and she snaps at me and the cycle repeats till my panic attack wears off or mom get's into a good mood.
How do I control this on my own and stop anxiety from giving me these compulsions.
Thank You.

Hi Judy.

I have a feeling that you anxiety attacks are due to the fact that your body is overproducing stress hormoemns, such as adrenaline and cortisol.  Mots of the this is due to hypoglycemia, which is a sugar handling problem. See:

What is Hypoglycemia?

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

See also

Beating Anxiety and Phobias  

and discuss with your doctor if you want to.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:  

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)