Anxiety Disorders/PTSD Witnessed suicide at Ft Dix

I witnessed a suicide at Ft. Dix in May of 1981 while I was stationed there. I have recurring nightmares and anxiety. I seem to run into many triggers that offset this painful memory. Will it ever go away? I have not had a drink since Mar. 19, 1995 but I still seem to be living in the past.

Hi Pablo,
Witnessing a suicide must be a tremendous stress.  However if you are not recovering from this stress it may mean that some biochemical disorder is preventing you from manufacturing feel good neurotransmitters, that may have pre-existed at the time of the stressful event.

Please read the following articles that may explain why you are suffering now from PTSD.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): A Disease of Body and Mind

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Hypoglycemia

The first step in overcoming this illness is adopting the

Hypoglycemic Diet

Please discuss this with you doctor]r or nutritional doctor or counsellor.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)