Anxiety Disorders/Serdep and Alchol

Dear Dr.

I have recently been put on Serdep (150mg) for anxiety. I would like to know if there will be any problems when taking Serdep with alcohol and if it may be safe to drink alcohol while taking them.

Kind Regards,

Hello Mike,

As a nutritional psychotherapist I am always in favour leaving drug therapy for mood disorder as the last step in treatment. It is certainly not a good idea to mix alcohol with antidepressant drugs. I suggest that you familiarise yourself with the connection of mood disorders and nutrition by reading articles on this topic. Please read:

Beating Anxiety and Phobias

Depression is a Nutritional Disorder

Treatment of Drug Addiction

Both these conditions can be treated by adopting the hypoglycemic diet (

If you want to you should discuss this with  your doctor.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:
My Articles at Docs  

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)