Anxiety Disorders/Anxiety

Hi doctor,
I am 35 years old...have generalized anxiety disorder, otherwise I am ok.
Have a quick question....I searched on line and now am very worried that u may have it... a few days ago I started getting panicked about people in general...I was thinking anyone is capable of causing harm to people. ...anyone can do anything to me in the elevator or anywhere else...I was watching a show and started panicking about people causing harm to one am better but those thoughts still run through my this paranoia?

Hi Leda,

Anxiety arises when you are overproducing stress hormones, not because of some external event happening in your environment, but because due to some internal metabolic disorder. This can easily be treated by the Hypoglycemia diet (

Please read:

Beating Anxiety and Phobias  

and discuss with your doctor if you so wish.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:
My Articles at Docs

Anxiety Disorders

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)