Apartments/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Seeking the corporate office to my apartments1/21/2014Athena Magruder
  Q: Located in South Bend IN 46628. I gave them a security deposit to hold an apartment for me and they ...
  A: Shimika, This was a tough one. It looks like ownership and management have changed a few times. ...
Transfer Fee1/15/2014Athena Magruder
  Q: This is my situation. I live in Texas and back in January 2013 I put down a transfer fee ($150.00) ...
  A: Derek, When there is a change in Management or ownership all documents and money in escrow are ...
Previous Eviction11/24/2013Athena Magruder
  Q: A few years ago, I found a house to rent on CraigsList. At the time I was working for my cousin ...
  A: Andrew, You should let anyone who is processing your application know about your eviction. Most ...
needing help10/24/2013Athena Magruder
  Q: I have been looking every where to find a number for the corporate office of the apartment I use to ...
  A: Sabrina, The Property Management Company is Water Tower Realty. Here is their contact information: ...
coporate contact information10/4/2013Athena Magruder
  Q: i was contacting you guys to see if there was any way you can provide me wth my apartments corporate ...
  A: Kendric, A.S.A.P apartment specialist SHANTEL BYNUM | 8322760867 shantel.asap@gmail.com This is ...
tenant calling police on other tenant7/22/2013Athena Magruder
  Q: I have a situation where one tenant for the past year calls the police 911 for noises coming from ...
  A: She is absolutely correct that she may call the police as many times as she feels it's necessary. ...
issues7/10/2013Athena Magruder
  Q: I'm having issues in my apartment complex and the property manager isn't doing anything about it. ...
  A: I have found a listing on www.umovefree.com that lists the management company as Embrey Partners ...
Trying to locate corporate office for apartment6/7/2013Athena Magruder
  Q: Im trying to locate the corporate office at Terra at Park Row. They have been refusal to give me ...
  A: I've done a bit of research for you and I think I MIGHT have found your management company. It ...
eviction agreement12/10/2006Jennifer Lai
  Q: I question to you is this: My husband and i got out of the lease early due to military move and ...
  A: I suggest you ask the landlord to give you the money back for the last 16 days of December (in ...
Charged for Carpet Replacement12/7/2006Jennifer Lai
  Q: I lived in an apartment for 1 month 9 months. After moving out, I am being charged about $500 ...
  A: Typically, a landlord can't charge for normal wear and tear. This depends on where you live, so ...
Breaking a lease11/29/2006Jennifer Lai
  Q: I was in student housing, due to no funds for the next semester I had to break the lease by just ...
  A: Evictions are a legal process that a landlord goes through to remove a tenant. People who break ...
Increase in rental11/29/2006Jennifer Lai
  Q: Is there a law/ordinance that regulates increase in rental fee for an apartment in Los Angeles. My ...
  A: I don't know if there's a limit. I checked around California's Web site. In their Tenants Guide ...
Change in Apartment Management-Breaking a Lease11/21/2006Jennifer Lai
  Q: Due to job relocation, I talked to my landlord about breaking a lease. They stated in order to break ...
  A: I'd call the new management company and ask them. I bet they'll say the old lease is still binding. ...
Roommate11/21/2006Jennifer Lai
  Q: I have a roommate who is on the lease but has stop paying their portion of the rent now for 4 ...
  A: I posted your question in the forum to see if anyone will respond. But this question is really a ...
renting my home11/13/2006Jennifer Lai
  Q: Iam a new yorker who is buying a house in charlotte nc. I want to know if I would be able to get it ...
  A: Hibbert: I don't know the market in Charlotte, NC. The best way is to research the market through ...
Late Rent Questions11/13/2006Jennifer Lai
  Q: I currently live in the San Fernando valley (CA) and am preparing to move to Orange County. Wife ...
  A: Obviously, timely rent payments is ideal. But most people have paid rent at least once in their ...
apartment application9/27/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I wanted to know how long it usually takes to get an apartment application approved. I have been ...
  A: Kendra, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question! The typical turn around ...
snow removal9/27/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I LIVE IN A DUPLEX.THE LANDLORD SAYS THAT THE TENENTS R RESPONSIBLE 4 SNOW REMOVAL,BUT THE OTHER ...
  A: Ava, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. Snow removal is one of ...
how much can landlord take away for cleaning9/17/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I have been living in the same apartment for close to 5 years and am finally moving out. I am ...
  A: Saurabh, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. When you move out of a ...
paying for carpet replacement after moving out9/16/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I moved out of my previous so-called luxuary apartment one month ago and just got a statement from ...
  A: Amber, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. It is normal for the ...
owner trying to kick out girlfriend9/14/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: My girlfriend just called me letting me know the owner of the apartment complex told her she has to ...
  A: Sergio, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question! Because your girlfriend ...
Landlord breaches 30 day security deposit9/11/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I moved out of a home (surrendered) property on July 31st. This is the day we turned in keys. I ...
  A: JLeBlac, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. I am impressed and ...
Security Deposit9/10/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I have lived in a townhome that I rented out for a year which was per my lease agreement. When I ...
  A: Paula, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. It is always very helpful ...
Bankrupt Renter9/10/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: Last year, I declared bankruptcy and walked away from the ownership of my house; it was the ...
  A: Steve, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. There is always a ...
breaking the lease9/8/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I recently in good faith signed a twelve month lease. The same afternoon, before I moved in, I was ...
  A: Tina, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. Unfortunately if you have ...
My apartment rent increases too much9/7/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: Nicholas I am renting an apartment (1 bedroom)stabilized building of New Jersey in Burlington ...
  A: Larry, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your questions. I appreciate that you ...
Condo conversion in Massachusetts9/7/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: My landlord is converting his rental property into condos. He is stuck because he does not know ...
  A: Taylor, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. That is great that you ...
rescinding a rental agreement9/2/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I signed a rental agreement on Monday, August 28, 2006 for an apartment in Monterey Park, Ca. On ...
  A: Maria, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. When you execute(sign) a ...
Section 8 housing9/1/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: My wife & I have a Section 8 voucher. Even though we are not senior citizens, our local housing ...
  A: Chico, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. Unfortunately it is ...
Condo Conversion8/28/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I own a waterfront triplex that I would want to convert into a 3 unit condominium complex. The ...
  A: George, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. Please note that I am not ...
corporate office8/14/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I need to find out who owns my apartment complex to contact them. I live in Timberglen Apartments ...
  A: Crystal, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. I will be happy to ...
Renting without a contract8/14/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I signed a one year lease on a house on March 1st, 2005. We went the whole year and when it came ...
  A: Jason, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your questions. Please be advised that I ...
breaking lease8/13/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I live in south carolina. I recently rented a new apartment. I was shown the model and liked what I ...
  A: Mitchell, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. I am sorry for the ...
Notice of Change of Terms of Tenancy8/11/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: My husband and I moved to an apartment in Mid-Wishire Los Angeles on December 15, 2004 for a one ...
  A: Christy, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. I really appreciate the ...
Security Deposit not fully refunded8/8/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm in Michigan. I moved out of my apartment on June 30, 2006. The ...
  A: Melissa, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. I will give you some ...
re-let refund8/8/2006Nicholas C Zannis
  Q: I gave 30 day notice to move out, plus I paid in full the following month (August) , to moved out ...
  A: Rosa, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question. If you are breaking your ...
Extra money7/18/2006Terrence Cullen
  Q: I am a 24 year old female. I have my B.A. in Psychology. After graduating from college, I went back ...
  A: Start looking in New York, Washington and other places where the money is better and the job market ...
Buying Multifamily Building5/27/2006Terrence Cullen
  Q: I am thinking of buying a multifamily unit. What specific questions should I need to ask the ...
  A: ask for the operating statements for the last three years, and the trailing twelve month to month ...
ON-Site Landlord Stealing8/24/2005Alicia Magee
  Q: I am a tenant who suspects my landlords (husband and wife) of stealing small items from my unit. I ...
  A: Oh, boy, big trouble. Yes, they must have gone into your apartment to steal and that's how they ...
Lease7/8/2005Alicia Magee
  Q: Hey, i was woundering.. my Aunt is the manager for a low-income apartments buildings.. well she told ...
  A: People who sign a lease for one year owe one year's rent. Yes, if people leave ahead of time they ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3   |  Next       All

Apartments