Aphex Twin/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Record Labels6/29/2008Richard D. James
  Q: Hey, I was wondering If you Know any good Record Labels I could send some Demos into. My sound Is ...
  A: Well... these days there are hundreds of labels to send your work to so I don't necessarily have any ...
First beat on "Windowlicker"5/20/2008Richard D. James
  Q: Last week I saw the Windowlicker video-clip, it was great! But the best think of all was the beat ...
  A: There were essentially two singles released for Window Licker: http://www.discogs.com/release/6156 ...
I'm looking for AphexTwin concert in south east Europe?12/28/2007Richard D. James
  Q: So I am a fan of Aphex Twin I respect his music about long time and I seriously need to meet AFX's ...
  A: Aphex Twin was due to play a DJ set at DNA Concerti (http://www.myspace.com/dnaconcerti) in Rome in ...
touring8/1/2007Richard D. James
  Q: I was wondering if richard ever tours the states. When was the last time he did, And do you think he ...
  A: It's hard to say to be honest. He tends to do DJ sets more than anything and often goes by a ...
Come to Daddy video6/30/2007Richard D. James
  Q: I love the Come to Daddy video, and especially, I love the version of the song it features. However, ...
  A: there's three main mixes on general release which I'm sure you're aware of. Probably the easiest ...
aphex twin5/30/2007Richard D. James
  Q: Hi I don't suppose you know what seqencer programme Aphex Twin uses do you? I've got to do a ...
  A: No, I'm afraid there's no simple answer to this. I'm sure he's used numerous software packages ...
Aphex Twin string sounds10/22/2006Richard D. James
  Q: I was wondering if you knew what synth, or synths, Aphex Twin uses for his string sounds ...
  A: I get asked similar questions about his equipment all the time. The answer being I don't have a ...
Demos?9/8/2006Richard D. James
  Q: Does Aphex Twin, or Rephlex records for that matter, accept demos at this time. I'm sure Aphex and ...
  A: This is from rephlex.com: "Your Demos / Our contact details:- N.B. As of 2006, our trusty Post ...
Loading Music.8/19/2006Richard D. James
  Q: Is there anyway - oh..grmmps.. impossible..maybe..yes okay.. We are about 5,290 people.. Who ...
  A: I can be almost 100% certain that the answer to this is... "no". Firstly I have no way of ...
instruments6/30/2006Richard D. James
  Q: What specific instruments does RDJ use in the recent AFX releases?
  A: This is quite a common question to which the answer is not so complete. It's pretty much impossible ...
Single4/6/2006Richard D. James
  Q: AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy back in the old days(10 years ago), one of my favourite albums was a compilation ...
  A: 'Charlotte's Mouth' is a track by Seefeel. I am unaware of any remix that Aphex Twin may have done. ...
Analord..3/1/2006Richard D. James
  Q: When is this good wholesome audio series being released on CD. Mp3s aren't good enough and i dont ...
  A: I haven't heard anything to suggest there will be a CD release. CD's are becoming increasingly an ...
ghost in the shell1/14/2006Richard D. James
  Q: do you know anything about the track ghost in the shell and the relation to the show?
  A: I am aware of this track doing "the rounds" on the internet however I am unaware of any genuine ...
tour info1/11/2006Richard D. James
  Q: is there any place to consistently get info on aphex peformance dates and locations? i can't seem ...
  A: In short, no. He's not terribly interested in presenting himself in a commercial manner and thus ...
rephlex label address11/30/2005Richard D. James
  Q: i am visiting london and want to know where rephlex label is located. thanks
  A: I don't have an address for Rephlex to hand but I'm certain they won't accept visitors off the ...
Techniques11/12/2005Richard D. James
  Q: Hey, I'm in my final year of uni and doing a case study on the techniques used by 3 artists- ...
  A: I've written a response to your question but the All Experts system is flagging it up as unanswered. ...
burning man 20059/22/2005Richard D. James
  Q: i was at burning man 2005 this year, and i went to center camp late on tuesday or wednesday night, ...
  A: "i don't know if it was the drugs or my mind or what is "real" but i looked over and saw this guy in ...
"A" list of Richards arsenal?9/15/2005Richard D. James
  Q: what does he use? i know its a lot, but what are his favourites? are his synths cheap and ...
  A: I've been asked questions similar on a number of occasions. The short answer is I don't really know ...
email7/11/2005Richard D. James
  Q: Whats his email address?
  A: I don't know. I'm sure only his close friends, business associates and family know the answer to ...
Richard himself.5/11/2005Richard D. James
  Q: I've been searching the net for info on Richard D. James, and I can't find his E-mail or his ...
  A: Quite simply... 1. You won't find his email address anywhere. 2. He undoubtedly uses or has used ...
Aphex Twin "methods"4/16/2005Richard D. James
  Q: Any insights or "lists" of gear Richard uses to create his music? And what bizarre method it is he ...
  A: This is a difficult one to answer. There are no 'lists' that I have seen detailing the kit RDJ uses ...
Aphex Twin3/14/2005Richard D. James
  Q: What are the names/name of the Aphex Twin band member(s)? And what's the name of their new project ...
  A: 'Aphex Twin' is one of the names associated to the sole artist by the name of Richard D. James. ...
how does he do it?3/2/2005Richard D. James
  Q: I've had the luck to find Aphex Twin's 'Classics' cd on a library sell out, and have been hooked ...
  A: Good to hear you're producing your own stuff. I'm afraid that I'll not be able to provide a very ...
Recomendations1/4/2005Richard D. James
  Q: im new to the electronic scene but i want to get into it. i have some stuff, mostly house. People ...
  A: Well my core area of interest would come under the unbrella of 'electronica' of which Aphex Twin is ...
Where would I go........1/3/2005Richard D. James
  Q: My name is nick chisholm and my best friend, jordan chini are loyal fans of aphex twin. but my ...
  A: I'm not totally sure what you'd be hoping to achieve by approaching Richard James with your music, ...
name and artist of a song1/3/2005Richard D. James
  Q: I was in San Diego on Jan 2 around 6-6:30pm. I was listening to 90.3. a song came on and I wanna ...
  A: Doesn't ring any bells with me I'm afraid. I'm clueless as to why you'd approach me for help though ...
An Aphex Twin question.12/19/2004Richard D. James
  Q: OK, you say you know some interesting facts about Aphex Twin. So let's see how much you know about ...
  A: I am not on personal terms with the man if that's what you mean? I know a few a facts and have a ...
Aphex technology10/21/2004Richard D. James
  Q: For my skool i need to make an essay on developements in dance music, following developements in ...
  A: In short Aphex Twin makes music using computers and other electronic equipment, coupled with great ...
Aphex Twin mailing address?9/27/2004Richard D. James
  Q: I am a student wildlife filmmaker. A few years ago, I used some of Aphex Twin's music for my first ...
  A: 'Aphex Twin' is the artist name of the individual who's name is Richard James (of which I have ...
taxi anyone?9/2/2004Richard D. James
  Q: ........ i mailed this to the chemical brothers guy but got no answer and since you sound very ...
  A: Sorry mate, I'm afraid I'll have to fail you on that one. The whole car horn thing isn't at all ...
aphex twin classics4/20/2004Richard D. James
  Q: could you please tell me what the picture on the front cover of Aphex Twin "Classics" is? ...
  A: To be honest I have no idea. It looks like an image of a blue sheet with some white balls added ...
Website about techno-music2/22/2004Richard D. James
  Q: For school we have to make a project about techno. So I started searching Google for some good links ...
  A: I don't really have any great "history of electronic music" type sites, but as a starting point you ...
Applesauce?1/29/2002Richard D. James
  Q: If Aphex Twin was a bone pilot, how many grains of clown would he require to make the perfect ...
  A: 0 is the number. Downways is rightways yeeeeees. But in order to oh so no[know] so, giddy down ...

Page:    1 

Aphex Twin