Apparel/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Old Designs3/22/2014Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I have worn many M+FG t-shirts over the years. At one point I probably owned 50. Then I lost ...
  A: Most companies store old pattern if they are manual. Many firms have gone to computerized records ...
chosing a supplier that sells or makes hat beanies2/22/2014Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I hope all is well, I have a vision for my own beanie hat brand. My plan is to find a supplier ...
  A: Wow, that's a lot of questions. Let me reply as best I can by point: 1) Is your idea salable and ...
Vision for my own beanie hat brand2/19/2014Arthur Viente
  Q: I hope all is well. I would like to create my own beanie hat brand, with the focus on motivational ...
  A: Dana, Probably the best way to proceed is find a supplier through a local company that creates ...
wholesellers/manufacturers10/28/2013Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I would like to know where can I buy sport brands as wholesale.I've read online that I should ...
  A: When buying wholesale, in most cases you will need you EIN or Tax Id number. ( at least in the USA) ...
adidas/nike products wholesale10/28/2013Arthur Viente
  A: If you have a retail business, you should be able to connect directly with any wholesale company; ...
Pattern Makers11/2/2012Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I am looking for free lance pattern makers in Miami (specifically for swimwear)can you please help? ...
  A: Have I spoken to you? I am a freelance pattern maker and I make manual patterns. I don't have ...
sourcing in China10/3/2012Arthur Viente
  Q: We are seeking a reputable sourcing agent to China for a sewn textile product. Any pointers or ...
  A: First thing you should probably consider is you get what you pay for, especially in sourcing product ...
startup company manufacturing9/27/2012Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I am researching the internet to try to find information on how to manufacture my own designs.I am ...
  A: Your worries are well founded. Never pay for an entire order up front!! Terms are contracted on ...
wholesale costs9/9/2012Arthur Viente
  Q: We will be designing product for brands and selling wholesale. I'm budgeting our cost of goods to ...
  A: I'd suggest you be careful when budgeting as percent to sales, as this is normally a variable and ...
Apparel manufacturing9/3/2012Arthur Viente
  Q: I am setting up an apparel manufacturing unit offshore to target young designers. How do I ...
  A: There could be quite a few variables you should consider if setting this up as a CMT business. The ...
Determining Profit Share - First Time Niche Business7/29/2012Arthur Viente
  Q: I am commencing a business for South East Asian clothing in Australia. This is a very Niche market, ...
  A: This is a tough one to answer in that you are throwing in a consideration regarding profits that is ...
Payment Terms for Evening Dresses Wholesale7/24/2012Arthur Viente
  Q: Can you please advise on what is common payment terms for a manufacturer/designer seeking to sell a ...
  A: Typically smaller businesses accept major credit cards and PayPal in order to assure collection and ...
loop hole12/12/2011Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I don't have any qualification in the apparel business or exporting it. I will do anything to make ...
  A: If I am understanding you correctly, your question is: how do you protect your resuorces and stop ...
contract sewing manufacturers in china7/10/2011Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: hey!please i run a sewing buisiness with no sewing factory of my own.I outsource most of my sewing ...
  A: I strongly suggest you use spell check & I sincerely hope that your business speech surpasses your ...
Modeling Hats6/3/2011Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: Not quite sure of what category I should be addressing this question to and if my question is ...
  A: Gosh I love hats! I wish I could say that I have seen HAT MODEL jobs out there, but honestly there ...
patent/register new idea5/29/2011Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I have a simple idea for an improvement on an existing piece of clothing, made by many ...
  A: You need to patent your idea before you show it to any manufacturer. Before you spend the money on ...
textiles5/9/2011Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: do you answer questions about designing ladies underwear and lingerie? ANSWER: Perhaps. What is ...
  A: It sounds like you already have a full plate with a new business. You may not have the capital it ...
Fashion5/2/2011Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I am in the process of attempting to create my own swimwear line but I do not draw and I wanted to ...
  A: I am a technical designer by trade and provide consultant services. I have a new page going up, put ...
Consulting3/5/2011Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: My main question is if flatheads, rhinestones and similar embellishments apply well onto nylon ...
  A: Professional Ice skaters and dancers have been doing it for years!! rhinestones and studs are small ...
Hobby Laws2/10/2011Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I want to start a small hobby of printed T-Shirts and sweat shirts, but I need to know a few thing. ...
  A: Taxes and license: Will you be forming and LLC or sole proprietor ship? Will you be accepting charge ...
Having your own swimwear line: How to get started12/9/2010Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: Is there anything you about about apparel production houses and how to get started making your own ...
  A: Forgive the late response. I had a computer breakdown. A)Your friends approch is one avenue.Not ...
Screenprinting11/17/2010Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: My friend and I have begun sreen printing t-shirts using the standard roller ball ink. Is there ...
  A: Sorry for the delay. My computer crashed and I had to get a new hard drive. A) I am not ...
Starting a clothing business with no Fashion background11/9/2010Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I wanted to reach out to you to find out your thoughts about my plans to open a women's petite ...
  A: .. I Belize that a smart and savvy business person can run a successful design or clothing company. ...
Dilemma to start a business9/14/2010Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I have some very good swimsuit concepts and designs and I would like to sell them online. The ...
  A: Sorry for delay in answer I've had a demanding schedule of late. I will address your question point ...
Full Package8/10/2010Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I am currently a sewing contractor, and it seems that many of companies are going towards full ...
  A: Full package: they coordinate all services from sketch and spec package, sourcing, sampling, ...
what i the firts step whn constricting a garment7/14/2010Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: what are the steps that are taken when clothes are made in an industry and is it compulsory for the ...
  A: I belive you are asking me what are the first steps to get a garment into production. I understand ...
Screen Printing4/24/2010Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: A friend and I are very insterested in starting a small screen prienting business. We want to do it ...
  A: Starting a screen print business and starting a garment business are two different things. I am not ...
Measurements3/1/2010Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: Jill I'm trying to find a standard size chart on plus sizes. Sizes 1x and up, i want to make plus ...
  A: You can find the standard measurment chart for all body sizes at www.astm.com. Type in the search ...
how to contact activewear or fine knitwear companies12/5/2009Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I have developed a novel knitted sportshirt and wonder how best to contact medium sized companies ...
  A: When you say you "have developed" does that mean you already have your first sample and have chosen ...
screen printing machines10/13/2009Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I am interested in starting a t-shirt business; I would eventually like to print on other items such ...
  A: Focus. Take it one step at a time. when you say you desire to start a t shit business and you speak ...
material question #28/4/2009Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I'm looking for a fabric that's not necessarily a moisture wicking material, but a material that ...
  A: I don't know your knowledge or experience with fabrics, but windbreaker fabric is generally nylon ...
Material Question8/3/2009Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I am hoping that you can answer this question, or if not hopefully you can guide me towards someone ...
  A: I don't' know what you are wanting to achieve with your product, but if it's meant as underwear, I ...
designer?4/13/2009Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: could you please tell me if there was or is a fashion designer in clothes or shoes named Joy ...
  A: I'm sorry I cannot answer your question other than that I an not familiar with a shoe or fashion ...
Fashion Designers2/10/2009Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I want to become a fashion designer just like you. Do you design special clothes for special people ...
  A: Okay, let me try this again. First one froze and I had to exit program. No,I myself have never ...
Opening a Boutique8/12/2008Arthur Viente
  Q: Could you please give me a general step by step plan in opening a boutique. I know what type and ...
  A: Pamela, Before you invest any money, invest some time. Sit down and detail a plan; both written and ...
how to contact sales represtatives,agents8/8/2008Arthur Viente
  Q: I am having factory for t shirt, sweatshirt, tracking suits in medium scale in Egypt. My question to ...
  A: Mohamed, Unfortunately there is no easy way or inexpensive away around capturing customers. Because ...
Apparel Business6/19/2008Arthur Viente
  Q: I have questions regarding apparel business. I have created a great name that resembles greatness ...
  A: Mike, It sounds like your experience and knowledge regarding product sourcing is very limited; so ...
Swimwear5/16/2008Arthur Viente
  Q: I am looking to start my own swimwear brand. My background isn't in fashion nor design but rather ...
  A: Abby, Sounds like you are generally on the right track. It costs to develop products, and don't be ...
School logo apparel5/9/2008Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: I'm a small business startup that produces collegiate apparel. I am in dire need of industry/market ...
  A: From a manufacturing and design standpoint, I'm not sure that your business can be separated as it's ...
Timeline in developing a Line of Clothing5/1/2008Jill Odermann-Mullins
  Q: Re: Developing a line of clothing I am very interested in developing my own line of clothing. I ...
  A: Time lines or calendars as they are referred to can be as short as 3 weeks or as long as a year ...

Page:    1  |  2   |  Next       All

Apparel

Jill Odermann-Mullins

Top Expert on this page