Appetizers (Excluding Soup)/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Catering on a budget3/23/2009Glen Davis
  Q: Mr. Davis, I will be brief, I dont want to take up a lot of your time. I am serving snack foods ...
  A: When you say catering on a budget a few things come to mind to help save money. First of which is ...
Appetizers3/21/2009Glen Davis
  Q: I asked a question earlier and forgot to include the number of people. I asked how many cheese and ...
  A: Since it is for an appetizer, I would suggest 2oz each (ham and cheese) per person. I would cube the ...
How to use a microoven with grill and convection11/8/2008Glen Davis
  Q: I bought a new micro oven with grill and convection. It is Whrilpool magicook 25c. Along with a ...
  A: While this question does not really relate to appetizer recipe questions I will try. My experience ...
cream sauce10/17/2008Glen Davis
  Q: I AM TRYING and i do mean trying to make peas in cream sauce. my mom used to make it and it was ...
  A: I am not familiar with this recipe is it English? I can give you a basic cream sauce but I don't ...
prepared ahead appetizers4/9/2003Mandy
  Q: We are having a customer appreciation night for our customers and I am on a budget because we also ...
  A: I know a great one! All you need is about 4 string beans and a slice of turkey (per item) Steps: ...
Appetizers3/24/2003Mandy
  Q: I am looking for something that probably doesn't exist-- an elegant, unique appetizer that is ...
  A: I know an appetizer that is delicious and easy to make. All you need is dough like you use for a ...
What to serve that is EASY!3/8/2003Suzette
  Q: Suzette, Save me. I hate to cook. Impulsively, I asked a bunch (12) of my co workers to come to my ...
  A: How about a pumpernickle loaf with spinach dip? Buy a round pumpernickle loaf and cut a big "bowl" ...
Italian Nachos2/21/2003Suzette
  Q: My family and I love italian nachos that we get at Johnny Carinos. How do you make pasta chips? We ...
  A: You're absolutely right ~ you can use wontons. Here's a recipe for you: 1 olive oil cooking spray ...
bread bowls w/dip12/16/2002Suzette
  Q: I have never made a dip for a bread "bowl", not sure it considered a bread dip or vege dip or what? ...
  A: My favourite is a round pumpernickle loaf with a spinach dip (before you say yuck! spinach, the ...
salsa9/21/2002Suzette
  Q: My favorite snack is chips and salsa. I usually buy the salsa from the store, but I would really ...
  A: Here's a nice and easy recipe for salsa: 6 to 12 peppers depending on size and fire factor 1/2 ...
Appetizer help6/3/2002Suzette
  Q: I'm having about 12 people over to our house this summer. People will be inside and out on the deck. ...
  A: Stay away from anything with eggs or fish (including shellfish). Try a cold veggie tray - baby ...
What went wrong with the beans4/10/2002Suzette
  Q: I have tried three times with three different recipes to make baked beans from scratch. twice in a ...
  A: You might want to try gently boiling the beans instead of soaking, just until the skins start to ...
Dinner Party for 122/18/2002Suzette
  Q: I'm planning a dinner party for 12 to be held a couple of weeks from now, and would like some advice ...
  A: In keeping with your Italian theme, how about stuffed artichokes as an appetizer? I know it's not ...
Ingredient substitution2/17/2002Suzette
  Q: What can I use instead of wine in recipes calling for wine?
  A: If you have a recipe that calls for white wine, you can safely substitute vinegar, preferably cider ...
Spinach Balls with meat1/19/2002Suzette
  Q: I am in love with spinach balls with meat. I was able to fine recipes for them without meat. Can you ...
  A: You don't say what type of meat, so I'm giving you one that uses sausage: Sausage Spinach Balls 2 ...
Hot crab dip1/9/2002Suzette
  Q: Do you have a good recipe for hot crab dip or hot crab and artichoke dip. I live in Oregon and it is ...
  A: Here's 2 really good recipes.. Hot King Crab Dip 8 ounces cream cheese 1 Tblsp milk 1 cup (1/2 ...
appetizer1/6/2002Suzette
  Q: Have you heard of an appetizer made with dates stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon? I ...
  A: Yes I have Kathleen! It's called Rumaki. Here's my recipe (which has a few more ingredients): Date ...
Appetizers12/29/2001Christopher S. Connolly
  Q: At a church supper a few weeks ago we had a delicious appetizer that one of the parishioners ...
  A: Cindy- If the breadsticks were soft when served, then it is fair to reason that they were never ...
recipe12/10/2001Suzette
  Q: my mother used to make water chestnuts rolled in a slice of bacon, but i don't remember what sauce ...
  A: There are many different types of sauces you can use. I'm sending you two recipes - each use a ...
Cooking with chestnuts12/8/2001Suzette
  Q: I never cooked with chestnuts before. I bought some on our recent visit to Italy and wish to ...
  A: Since you were recently in Italy, I'm sending you two italian recipes for chestnuts - one for ...
chipped beef appetizer12/6/2001Christopher S. Connolly
  Q: Ihave lost a recipe for a chipped beef appetizer--served hot--had green peppers, onions, curry and ...
  A: Judy- I have never actually eaten chipped beef, but I think I can imagine what it would be ...
baked tomatoes12/6/2001Christopher S. Connolly
  Q: Do you have any thoughts on making baked tomatoes filled with goat cheese?
  A: John- I will assume that you are talking about a salad/1st course item. First, peel the ...
Appetizers11/27/2001Suzette
  Q: I have been trying to find a recipe for spinach artichoke dip and am having one heck of a time ...
  A: Here's a recipe for a spinach artichoke dip: 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped ...
microwave+appetizers11/12/2001Suzette
  Q: We re having a cocktail party at our office. I will do the food and would like to serve at least 2 ...
  A: How about some Cocktail Meatballs? Here's a recipe for 30: 8 oz. ground beef 3 tbls. quick cooking ...
food for kindergarten9/10/2001Suzette
  Q: I am teaching a lesson plan for kindergarten age children on language and food. do you have ideas ...
  A: I'm not sure what you mean by language and food, however how about using sushi as an example? ...
Appetizers7/3/2001Chris Walsh
  Q: I'm having an Hors d' Oeuvres party with about 200 attending. How do I figure the selection and ...
  A: I would normally suggest about 7 pieces or more per person for an evening event if it is at the ...
how do I cut radishes5/21/2001Christopher S. Connolly
  Q: I want to cut my radishes into roses or something pretty like that but I'm not sure how.
  A: Making radish flowers is easy, but making them look like something other then a mauled radish ...
Hardboiled eggs4/16/2001Chris Walsh
  Q: What is the time limit for eating hardboiled eggs? Does it make a difference if they are made into ...
  A: Hard boiled eggs can be kept refridgerated for about 7 days. They can be left in the shell or peeled ...
appetizers4/12/2001Suzette
  Q: what is dried beef? where would it be at the grocery store? what is a great appetizer to go with ...
  A: Melodie, Dried beef is strips of beef that have been dehydrated. It is sometimes called beef jerky. ...
minature quiche4/11/2001Chris Walsh
  Q: I am making minature quiche for a charity tea. Can I make them now and freeze them. If so..should ...
  A: You can make and bake your mini quiche and then freeze them until needed. Defrost and then Re heat ...
snail salad3/21/2001Suzette
  Q: I am looking for a flavorful snail salad recipe. I would perfer it to be low sodium. Any ...
  A: This is the only recipe I have for snail salad. You add however much salt you prefer - nothing else ...
Hard Boiled Eggs3/20/2001Suzette
  Q: I make pickled eggs and some times I have a terrible time peeling the eggs. Do you have any ...
  A: Here's a couple of tips: - Older eggs peel easier. - When the eggs are cooked, immediately immerse ...
Looking for a recipe2/11/2001Suzette
  Q: I recently ate a "Seafood Dip" at Steamers in Hilton Head, SC. It was a baked dip with crab, shrimp ...
  A: You might try writing the hotel and asking them for the recipe. That sometimes works. I doubt that ...
chicken wings1/27/2001Suzette
  Q: I am going to a supper bowl party tomorrow and have to bring some chicken wings and as an appetizer ...
  A: I'm sorry to hear you've been disappointed by Allexerpts.com. Hopefully, I can help you out with ...
super bowl appitizer1/26/2001Suzette
  Q: My husbands ex-wife used to make "lil smokies" mini sausages with a bourbon sauce. I don't know if ...
  A: Try this one, it's fairly standard: 3/4 cup bourbon 3/4 cup brown sugar 1 1/2 cup catsup 1 tbsp. ...
Rice Pudding1/25/2001Suzette
  Q: How to make creamy rice pudding? Every time my wife and I make it, it comes out dry.
  A: There are 2 types of rice pudding - one cooked on top of the stove and the other baked. The baked ...

Page:    1 

Appetizers (Excluding Soup)