Arab Culture/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
symbolism10/18/2016Sirine Malas
  Q: what cultural significance does the lion and tiger have in arab culture?
  A: Well , generally tigers are regarded as vicious merciless animals you would use it as an example to ...
Hate6/12/2016Sirine Malas
  Q: I am a skeptic and studying various cultures worldwide. I just came to know that Arabs have hated ...
  A: I don't understand your question.The bit about Hitler I don't understand anything from. I can see ...
If a woman from the Middle East that1/3/2016Sirine Malas
  Q: If a woman from the Middle East that gave birth to a child in the UK as a result of an affair with a ...
  A: Your question is unspecific and too General to answer. There is a difference between social rules ...
Eid9/23/2015Sirine Malas
  Q: I teach English in the US to many Muslim students. The school at which I teach does not allow ...
  A: Well ,Muslims don't all celebrate exactly the same way. I can tell you more about Arab Muslims in ...
Book writing8/25/2015Sirine Malas
  Q: I'm writing a science fiction novel and was raised in a Christian home so I have little knowledge of ...
  A: Firstly if they re soldiers and died at war then they are regarded Martyrs who have different ...
Culture3/3/2015Sirine Malas
  Q: Arab leaders often mention the Treaty of Hudaybiyya when they are signing treaties, especially with ...
  A: Regarding the Al Hudaybiya Treaty which was named after the location where it took place , this ...
Relationshio with Muslim12/27/2014Sirine Malas
  Q: I am Orthodox Greek woman and I have a relationship with a muslim man from Libya.He came to meet me ...
  A: First of all you have to understand that relationships is not my expertise, also Islam is not my ...
interfaith marrige5/3/2014Sirine Malas
  Q: He is 25from saudí arabia and he is in the MILITARY. I met him about a year ago..we met in USA , now ...
  A: What I know is the Saudis cannot marry women that aren't Saudi unless they have a very good reason ...
Kalender Prince4/20/2014Sirine Malas
  Q: In the Arabian Knights, what does the title "Kalender" Prince mean and what is it's origin? How does ...
  A: Sorry but the Arabian nights are a Persian piece of art not an Arabic one. So I don't know what ...
Divorce11/16/2013David Rababy
  Q: I am doing a paper in my ethical class. We are discussing divorce in the middle east and the ...
  A: Islam allows men to marry four wives and a divorce that is proclaimed in front of three male ...
Ishmael10/15/2013Sirine Malas
  Q: I've been perplexed about this question for quite sometime My question is this how can Ishmael be ...
  A: This is not exactly where my expertise lies. But if you research even over the net, you will find ...
Hasad or evil eye4/20/2013David Rababy
  Q: Asalamo alaikom, I hope your doing well inshallah, my concern is hasad and evil eye, how do I know ...
  A: The evil eye is perceived to be superstition by most in the Middle East today. I know that in ...
Arab Culture vs Islamic Culture3/17/2013David Rababy
  Q: what is the difference between Arab culture vs Islamic culture and could you please provide ...
  A: There is a difference between Arab culture and Islamic culture. Not all countries in the Middle East ...
Question: Family Issues12/13/2012David Rababy
  Q: I have been dating my Lebanese boyfriend for about 5 months now. It took a lot of getting used to ...
  A: Jennifer, thanks for your question. The best thing you can do as an American woman dating/marrying a ...
Filipina in relationship w/ orthodox Catholic syrian guy12/11/2012David Rababy
  Q: Please advise & help me on my current situation,i'm on the relationship with my syrian bf, he is ...
  A: Leila, anytime folks from different cultures meet and get serious that are going to be issues with ...
is this typical or pathological?9/29/2012David Rababy
  Q: I have a “friend” who is an Arab and has only been in the United States a few years. For the most ...
  A: Sandra, the Arabic word for tomorrow is Bukra. The Arabic word for the future is Bukra. Time does ...
marrying an Arab old enough to be my father7/12/2012David Rababy
  Q: I am a young women struggling to learn Arabic conversational skills because I teach kids Arabic, ...
  A: Your question is not so much culture related as it is a matter of the head and heart. It is common ...
Intercultural Interview2/8/2012David Rababy
  Q: I am a Freshman in college pursuing a degree in Journalism. In one of my classes, I have an ...
  A: Jeremy, these are excellent questions and a book on each one could be written. I am sorry I just ...
Intimacy in Marriage/Syrian man and American woman1/10/2012David Rababy
  Q: I have been married to a 36-year-old Christian Syrian man for a year, but he has only gotten his ...
  A: Rebecca, it is not a cultural issue. I would suggest marriage counseling to learn the real reason ...
Concerns regarding Online Dating - Arab Man12/8/2011David Rababy
  Q: As salaam alaikum, I hope you are able to assist me as I have met a really nice man via an Islamic ...
  A: Annisa, the fact that you need to "check out his credentials" tells me that you have your suspicions ...
Muslim Arab mother-in-law7/17/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: I have been w/my Palestinian Muslim husband for over 8 years. We did have a son out of wedlock 3 ...
  A: You have to realize that this is not about cultures at all this is about different religions & ...
Catholic dating a Muslim man/what happened to his feelings?5/20/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: I'm a Hispanic-Christian Catholic woman (27) dating, for over 2 years, a Jordanian Muslim man (28). ...
  A: I really do not think that this is my field of expertise, I would go to a relationships expert to ...
arab countries4/26/2011David Rababy
  Q: Where excatly is the original Arab coutries? I mean, Egypt is a Coptic country with many Arabs but ...
  A: Henrik, "Arabs" is more a cultural term rather than a national one. Prior to Islam people of the ...
Sort of dating an Arab man4/18/2011David Rababy
  Q: I am a black South African lady who is sort of seeing a Muslim Arab from Tunisia. At first I didn't ...
  A: I'm sorry but this is very difficult to answer because its not really a cultural issue but rather a ...
Are all arabic men like this?3/30/2011David Rababy
  Q: I am an American living in France, and I dated a Tunisian man for about 3 months. I am very happy ...
  A: Natalie, I was born and raised in Beirut Lebanon and have been happily married to my wife for almost ...
Beards in Islam3/28/2011David Rababy
  Q: I am researching into the cultural beliefs and tradition in all religions regarding beards for my ...
  A: Glen, wearing a beard in Islam varies from denomination to denomination. Shia and Wahhabi ...
My father3/13/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: My father's 80th birthday is coming up in July. I'm curious to know if there's a traditional Arabic ...
  A: Um... Actually saying an Arabic way is too big of a choice ... U know Arabic is not one single ...
Arabs filling in questionnaires2/26/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: I am doing an MA in English Teaching and would like to know if the Arab culture is as used to ...
  A: I can see you are writing from the emirates not the west or something ?! Anyways to answer your ...
Non Muslim to marry Muslim2/25/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: I read on this page that if a non muslim does a Nikah to marry a muslim then its not considered ...
  A: (please note that this is outside my experties, although connected, religion is one thing and ...
Arabic1/15/2011David Rababy
  Q: I am not sure if you speak Arabic or not but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Hello. I plan on ...
  A: Vincent, I am sorry that I don't understand what you are asking. I do speak Arabic, with a Lebanese ...
nikka1/12/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: we done nikka just after the birth of our daughter just want to knw in england are we really married ...
  A: I think you really need to consult an expert in British civil law rather than Arabic culture to get ...
can a arabic men get divorce ?12/18/2010Sirine Malas
  Q: My name is Ruth 34 years old,I have a relationship with a guy from Palestine we are together for 6 ...
  A: I think you are mixing up someone's culture with his religion and with his individual personality ...
Marrying the Islamic way?12/4/2010David Rababy
  Q: I have met the man of my life, he is Arabic and Muslim. He wants me to go visit him in Arabia, and ...
  A: Carmen, I assume you are an American or at least a westerner? Yes it is common in Judaism, ...
Dating a Lebanese Man12/2/2010David Rababy
  Q: I, an American female, recently met and am dating seriously a Lebanese man, he is Christian. We are ...
  A: I was born and raised in Beirut and came to the US in 1975. My mother was American and my father ...
marriage between American woman and Christian Arabic man11/9/2010David Rababy
  Q: I recently met an Arabic Christian man who wants to marry me. I am from the states and he lives in ...
  A: There is no foolproof answer to your question. There are some men who mistreat their wives after ...
Question10/8/2010David Rababy
  Q: I've the following questions: 1. In Islamic countries (and in which countries), is Jizya tax imposed ...
  A: In the Middle East and other Islamic countries laws vary. Only two countries in the world currently ...
dating9/30/2010David Rababy
  Q: I am wanting to go out with a women living in the U.S. who is Pakistaini Arab. What is the rules and ...
  A: Dating Arab women can be very tricky depending on how "traditional" she is and how accustomed to US ...
Gifts9/28/2010David Rababy
  Q: I have two wonderful Arabic doctors that have done more for me in two months than all the American ...
  A: Melody, a gift card is always a good idea. Chocolate is fine as a gift as really anything would be ...
Islamic studies9/18/2010David Rababy
  Q: Why is authoritarianism so common in Islamic states
  A: Jennifer, this is a hard question to answer. Having grown up in the middle east and now living in ...
non-virgin muslim women8/24/2010David Rababy
  Q: I am a Muslimah and sadly in my first year of high school, I began exploring sex. I knew that Muslim ...
  A: Mariam, I would recommend that you and your fiance visit your doctor and have your doctor explain to ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Arab Culture

Sirine Malas

Top Expert on this page