Arab Culture/ya ali madad it is correct or not.?

Murtaza wrote at 2009-05-26 13:58:13
Asalam o ALikum

I must add one thing says the ALi a.s is Dead but he is martyered while he was in Sajda ...He is shaeed ..and According to quran Shaeed never dies he is alive and get food from god ..If he is ALive then YA ali MAdad according to your concept is correct ....And asking for help from some one doesnt causes shirk...

Alikhan wrote at 2009-06-07 15:28:46
YA ALI (A.S) Madad is correct! because the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) clearly announced infront of all people;

Man Quntum Muallah Fa Haza Ali yun Muallah.

2ndly if (GOD FOR GIVES) Hazrat MUhammad (S.A.W) is dead thn why do u say in your Qalma tayaba;

La Illaha Illallaho Muhmmado Rassoollallah( there is no god but ALLAh and Muhammad is Allah's Rasool)

peep into the meaning of Qalma.the word 'is' is used for Muhammad in qalma if He were dead thn was should hav been used in Qalma.

Sammar Zaidi wrote at 2009-06-13 06:57:37
"Mun Kuntum Mola Haza Ali Un Mola" I hope you already familiar and agree with statemnet of our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). You know what is meaning of "Mola"  >> Helper.

Prophet said (PBUH) to people about Imam Ali (statement above written in Arabic).

I hope Mr you know the english translation of first statment i wrote above. Try to ponder over, inshort its not shirk if we call "Ya ALi Madad" and don't call him dead. He is

"Ahlay Bait" means family of Prophet. moreover i tell you Muhammad (PBUH), Imam Ali, Fatima, Imam Hassan, Imam Hussian are the part of GOD's light/glow so no one is more than these 5.there is no concept of this universe without Ahlay Bait (5 names mentioned above). Try to research first Mr then come ove forum to talk. Today all muslims go on Haj and Umrah and perform prayers around the Kaba where Imam Ali born. Thank to GOD you are roaming around Kaba and performing prayers. YA ALI MADAD

maham rizvi wrote at 2009-09-12 14:26:44
Salaam m maham frm pak khi

dear junaid

i will make ur mistake clear

saying ya ali maddad is corret because we are asking him to help us i tell u 1thing that one day in my school any one push me and my teacher says YA ALI MADDAD ya ali maddad ko aaie and i fall down but nothing happens 2 me 2 story ... my made was going 2 a imambarhegha with her husband and her daughter she was 2 months year old only on bike any car push them and they on the and there dougther was to far from them her mother and father get up and say YA ALI MADDAD pls help us they say ya ali maddad nothing happen to my douther and when they go to see her she was alrite she was behaving just she was on her bd see if we are in any type of problem we have to sayYA ALI MADDAD

An Ismaili wrote at 2009-10-22 00:30:59

Is an accepted greeting and is used by the Ismaili population - a branch of Islam with approximately 20 million believers worldwide.  

Ali wrote at 2009-10-26 11:07:01
this man is out of his mind

Quran clearly mention that dont call "Murda" to Shaeed so why you assumed that Ali(AS) will not listen you or Our Nabi(SW)will not.

simply Allah also said in Quran "please search a Wasila"

please yaar be realistic

Hassan Raza wrote at 2010-02-04 13:12:51
salam Mr junaid you were totally misguided before if you need more assistance for ya Ali madad I can help you I am sure that you will be completely satisfied.  

AKHTAR ALI wrote at 2010-04-16 13:06:46
having read all the answers it appear to me that no body has the proper knowledge. In Holy Quran it is written God is Wali, Prophet is Wali and that one Who gave Zakat in the State of Rukkoo is your wali. Wali means the one who take you out of trouble.Therefore saying ya Ali Madad is absolutely in consonace with Holy Quran. More over neither Holy Prophet nor his legitimate Successor are alive thats why you witness 5 times in Azan that Mohammad sawaw are RASOOL ULLAH not were RASOOL ULLAH. If u think that Mohammad sawaw were Rasool Ullah then u r no more Ummati and of course ur no more in Islam.

naseem wrote at 2010-05-23 13:09:20
ha ha what a silly answer u h have given .plz stop misguiding ppl of allah and dont use quran plz to misguide them the day u recognize ali salaam allah that u recognize Rasull allah and then Allah kareem wahda hu laa shreek .before i was also thinking like u but as i gain knowldge and recerch in quran i find truth .where in 1 ayat e kareema god is saying few pple has bought my wishes against theire lives so tell me what are wishes of Allah kareem and tell me plz is theire any1 like ali who could buy wishes of Allah kareem after muhmmad pbuh]and imam hussain and other masoomeeen A s]my dear its not right islam whome u r following and then ali A s is not dead he is sheheed and according quranshareef shaheed is alive and listens .ali who born in center of kaaba allah sent him to help hazrat muhmmad and islam and muslims untill qiamat and even after qiamat in case of shaffat just make a recerch in quran about ali and check out the history of islam with open mind and heart m sure allah will help u to undrstand what is ali and muhmmad s a and allah kareem.i used to think like u always fighting wid my parents why u say like ya ali madad its shirk.but more i understand quran more i belive in ya ali madad saying ya ali maddad is 100% according quran and hadees too actully u dont know ali what god has made him allah made him perfect to help Rasool allah and us he was not only bravest person but a man wid great knowledge about all the things which belongs to allah.bcz when Allah was making them Muhmmad e mustafa and Ali e murtaza were watching them check out this hadees SAying Rasool Allah i am city of kowledge and ali is the gate of tht city it means if u want knowldge first of all u need to enter through gate .knowledge means what s Allah and his creation  

AWAIS LASHARI wrote at 2010-05-31 07:23:04
its clear wrong ans junaid saying of ya ali madad is currect because ALI MOULA is alive because by the quran shaheed is alive ok and u can see the also event of junge khyber in that rasool pak s.a.w.w took help from moula ALI AS OK IN the way rasoool pak had cleared that u can get help from ALI as becasue ali is mushkil khusha in the way quran says shaheed is alive so we can get help from   ALI  

Nadeem wrote at 2010-06-02 09:05:42
This is a very important question and ignor what people saysgo and look quran don’t go for one person reviews see quran and read hadees

The propriety of saying "Ya Ali Madad" depends entirely upon the intention

of the person who says it.

If the help of Hadhrat Ali (A.S.) or any of the other ma'sumeen is sought as

an intercessor and a 'waseelah' envisaged by the Holy Qur'an in Ayah 35 of

Suratul Maidah then not only there can be no objection but it would be the

right and proper thing to do.

But if help is sought in the belief that the person whose help sought shares

with Allah the right to create, sustain and

protect then the call for help might amount to 'shirk'.

The Ayah referred to above reads as follows:

"O you who believe ! Be mindful of your Duty to Allah, and seek a way to

approach him ((wab tagoo ilayhi waseelah).................."

With salaams and du'aas from an humble servant of Ahlul Bayt and their

followers, and with a

request to be remembered by you in your prayers,

Nadeem Bukhari

maha wrote at 2010-07-17 13:39:40
i m a shia girl i m says ya ali madad to everyone & first of all we say to all ya ali madad then apoint of view bat kon kehta hai k ya ali madad kehna islam mai nai hai plz give me a name of this person acha agar us shaks nai quran se ap ko bataya hai to plzz us surat ka nam mujhy bhi batady agr quran ki kisi surat mai hai to ap mujhy batao mai bi khena chor do gi ya ali madad

Shiraz Jafri wrote at 2010-12-26 04:28:35
The Shia are guilty of committing Shirk by giving characteristics of Allah to their Imams. The Shia even pray to their Imams and invoke their names by saying “Ya Ali” or “Ya Hussain” or “Ya Nabi!” They then proceed to make du’a asking for whatever they want. The famous Shia prayer “Ya Ali Madad” means “O Ali, help us!”

According to the very basic principles of Islam, this is Shirk (associating partners with Allah). What power does Ali have to grant our requests? What power does Prophet Muhammad have to grant our requests? Indeed, nobody save Allah has the power to grant our requests.

It is not permissible to ask Allah by the virtue of anyone, not even by the virtue of the Prophets or Messengers or Awliyaa’ or righteous people. No one can compel Allah to do anything. It is not permissible to ask Him in any way except by His Names and Attributes, as Allah says:

“And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allah, so call on Him…” (Quran, 7:180)

And yet we see the Shia saying things like “Naad-e-Ali” which means “call on Ali!” We should only call on Allah. Ali will tell these deviant Shia to stop calling him as he has no power, but rather to call Allah for help. In the same manner will Prophet Isa repudiate the Christians for calling on him as opposed to Allah.

With regard to saying to the occupant of a grave, “O So and so, help me,” this is obviously Shirk, because it is a supplication to someone other than Allah. Asking by the virtue of someone is a means to Shirk, and calling upon a created being is Shirk in worship.

How can a Muslim seek assistance from any other than Allah Almighty? Despite the fact that every Muslim must repeat the following words from the Quran in his prayer (salat) at least seventeen times a day:

“You alone do we worship, and Your aid alone we seek.” (Quran, 1:5)

We see the Shia saying things like “Ya Ali” and “Ya Mehdi” when they are distressed and need help. They will say “Ya Ali Madad!” These people cry out these names in times of distress when they wish for help. In true Islam, however, we should only say “Ya Allah!” Calling out anyone else’s name for help is Shirk, because we believe only Allah can help us! This is the Sunnah of the Prophet, as well as the way of Ali.

Allah Almighty says clearly in the Quran:

“And invoke not, besides Allah, [anyone since that] will neither profit you, nor hurt you, but if (in case) you did so, you shall certainly be one of the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers). And if Allah should afflict you with harm, then there is none to remove it but He; and if He intends good to you there is none to repel His grace.” (Quran, 10:106-107)

Humans, no matter their status, cannot help anyone or harm anyone. Only Allah Almighty can cause harm and only He can bring benefit to us. Allah Almighty says in the Quran:

“Say [O Muhammad]: ‘I have no power over any good or harm to myself except as Allah wills’” (Quran, 7:188)

If the Prophet could not even have power of good or harm over himself, then how can we say that he has such powers over others? If the Prophet himself declares that he cannot bring good or harm, then why are we asking him?

Islam is a fiercely monothiestic faith, and rejects all forms of intermediaries with Allah. Intermediaries are none other than idols. The pagans believe that their idols are intermediaries, and they invoke them to ask God for help through them. So too do the Christians believe in Jesus as an intermediary to God. And so have the Imams become an intermediary and idols for the Shia.

How often do we hear the Shia say: “Ya Ali, give us [such and such]” or “Ya Hussain, rescue us!” The Shia even go to the graves of their Imams, crying and rubbing their tombs; it is not unusual to see a Shia kissing the grave of his Imam and invoking the deceased Imam’s name in du’a. The Shia cry to their idols, kiss them, and invoke them.

Then after doing all of this, the same Shia will say unashamedly about the Imam whose tomb they just cried to: “I do not worship him.” This fact is embodied in their dictum: “Call upon Ali, the revealer of wonders.” When these same people are asked if they worship Ali, they categorically deny this, despite the fact that they call upon his name (and their Imams) appealing for aid in obtaining their most demanding needs.

This is exactly what modern day Hindus do. They worship idols, but if we ask them, they will look at us straight in the eye and say that they are monothiests. They claim that they aren’t worshipping the idols, and that the idols are just intermediaries to God.

O Shia, come to the Call of Islam and to Absolute Tawheedullah (Oneness of Allah). “La Illaha Illalah”…There is no God except Allah! None is equal to Him and no partners and no intermediaries does He need.

Allah Almighty says in the Quran:

“The most beautiful names belong to Allah; so call on Him by them…” (Quran, 7:180)

Allah did not say: “So call on Him by the names of the Imams, their shrines, etc.”

Allah Almighty also said in the Quran:

“And your Lord says: ‘Call on Me, I will answer your (prayer).’” (Quran, 40:60)

Allah did not say: “Call on Me by the names of the Imams, I will answer your prayer.”

We should invoke Allah and Allah alone for Help, and asking anyone else is Shirk, the one sin Allah will not forgive.

Allah Almighty says it so clearly in the Quran:

“Verily those whom you call upon besides Allah are servants like you. Therefore, call upon them, and let them listen to your prayers, if you are (indeed) truthful!” (Quran, 7: 194)

This is a challenge from Allah, whereby Allah dares anyone to ask others for help. Nobody can listen to our prayers and grant them except Allah the Almighty.

Allah Almighty mocks those people who go to graves to supplicate invoking their Saints:

“If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call; and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you….But you cannot make those hear who are in graves…” (Quran, Chapter 35)

Islam shuns the superstitious (and useless) practise of visiting graves to worship (and in fact considers it Haram).

Allah Almighty says in the Quran:

“Call upon those whom you imagine beside Allah! They have not an atom’s weight of power either in the heavens or in the earth, nor have they any share in either, nor does He need any of them as a helper.” (Quran, 34:22)

Allah Almighty says again in the Quran:

“Yet have they taken, besides Him, gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor can they control Death nor Life nor Resurrection.” (Quran, 25:3)

Prophet Muhammad and Ali will say it proudly on the Day of Judgement that they are only slaves of Allah. In fact, the Prophet was asked by Allah if he would rather be a king of men or a slave of Allah. The Prophet chose to be a slave of Allah. There is no shame in this, and it is not belittling the status of either the Prophet nor Ali in the least in admitting that they cannot give benefit nor do harm even to themselves.

The Christians may think that we are insulting Prophet Jesus by saying that he is only a slave, but the Quran says:

“Christ disdains not to serve and worship Allah, nor do the angels, those nearest (to Allah).” (Quran, 4:172)

The Prophet and Ali would be included in “those nearest (to Allah)” who would not disdain to serve and worship Allah. All are powerless except Allah, and this is why we ask only Him for help. This is the essence of Islam. Anything other than this is Shirk and subsequent Kufr.

The Shia teach their children to supplicate by calling out the names of their Imams, thereby inculcating the habits of polythiesm in their children from a young age. This must be rejected, and children must be taught to only ask Allah for help and do so by using His Names, as mentioned in the Quran.

We will even find Shia who recite the names of Ali, Hasan, and Hussain whilst they do Tasbeeh, and claim that this is Dhikr. It is nothing short of Shirk, and Ali would burn such people on the stake if he knew that they were doing such things. In a similar manner did Ali burn the followers of Abdullah ibn Saba to the stake for the very same blasphemy.

The Shia believe that their prayers are accepted because they invoke the names of their Imams. They believe that the names of their Imams are the key-factor for acceptance of their prayers and a major prerequisite for getting invocations answered by Allah. This is similar to the unfounded claim by the polythiests who say that their idols draw them nearer to Allah.

The polythiests would say that the idols are a “Waseelah” to bring them close to Allah. And likewise, the Shia say that their Imams and Saints are the Waseelah to Allah, intermediaries who can bring them closer to Allah. This is the concept of Tawassul, but it is rejected by true Muslims, who believe that the only Waseelah to Allah is to be pious and to invoke Allah and Allah alone for help!

Whoever worships Ali, know that he is dead and that he cannot hear our cries, and even if he could, he could do nothing to help us. But whoever worships Allah, let him know that Allah is Alive and can never die, and that He has promised us help if we just turn to Him and Him alone. We should say only “Ya Allah Madad.”

Edited By: Ibn al-Hashimi,  

shabih abidi wrote at 2010-12-30 20:21:35
first of all i want to know the person who has answered the ? of junaaid is litrate or a jahil coz the clear saying of nabi e karim ya ali tum ney sare ambiyaon ki madad ki chup aur meri nusrat ki chup kar bhi aur zaheran bhi is say yeh pata chalta hai ki maula ali na sirf hamari faryad sunte hai balkey madad bhi karte hain aur un anwaar key liya mauth ka lafz sahi nahi hai woh noori maqlooq hain aur maslehate allah ki tarf sey hijab kiya hai.

i hope junaid this answer u wil find quite touching

arif Husain wrote at 2011-06-26 08:04:57

Assalam o Alikum, every body.i do not know how i reached this page and found the Q/A of you all.well iam not a shiya,nor sunni,neither deobandi nor i belongs to any jamaat well known to you all.but because of your BAHAS which compells me to write something for you. in hints only as iam bound not to desclose .let me take you all to the very day when alaah swt created adam,the angels do ask him y u have made this creature are we not sufficient enough to worship u.

answer   A/ He said you all dont know what i know.secondly when he put his own NOOR inside, Adam got into being.the controversy of you all starts from here,when allah swt ordered all to perform SAJDA yaani to bow down in front of him.the word sajda means to bow down and speak "subhaan rabbi ul aala" unless you do not speak these words there is no sajda.which clearly defines allah's will for y sajda for Adam 'coz in quran allah says sajda is only for him

i will tell u y in short,why allah subhan o tala ask for sajda.

alaah swt did'nt ask about sajda of adam but for himself as he put his noor into the adam.i gave u all a hint also, i'll tell u again from the quraan on which every body of u believe but do not understand well.because arabic used in quran based on basic root system and is the purest form of understand this script properly we must seek purity in ourselves and then by the will of allah swt u will understand this.'coz quraan is itself a book of ilmul ghaib.which allah gave you around 1465 years ago.and you are still fighting on it.

when allah wants to see him in a mirror he created Adam    Hint-3

allah says yanbi speak to all that it is you for whom i created aalmiyaan. hint-4

allah is the root.mohammas is the tree,fatima is the trunk,ali is the branches,and imam hasan and imam husain are the fruits.

without root no tree can be imagine

without tree no trunk no branches and no leaf and fruit can be imagine.i think iam going beyound my short the word tree comprise of all these factors which compells us to say it a tree.   hint-5

stop fighting as instead of different belief you all are commenting on which part is big and powerful,go and search for some slave whose family has served the tree will answer you! good bye to you all.

Amir wrote at 2011-11-18 16:43:39
But as per Quran martyrred person is alive and dont consider him dead, and Ali is un-doubtly martyrred in mosque.

CHUDRAY ABDUL wrote at 2012-11-03 13:55:01
ali is not mola ok mola is ALLAHA HASBUNALLAHU WA NEMAL WAKEEL, NEMAL MAULA WA NEMAN NASEER.....Translation: "Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us); what an Excellent Maula (Patron, Lord) and what an Excellent Helper!....ya ALLAHA MADAD  SHIA AR KAFER WAJUBULQATAL BASTED I WANT TO ALLS SHIA KAFER HARAM ZADAY HARAMI NAPAK PALEET KHOON WALAY LANAT SHIA KI HARAMI JAD PAR BESUMAR BY-----YA ALLAHA MADAD

islam wrote at 2012-12-08 22:43:23
i will say its 100% wrong..i am not saying by my self its written in Quran  pak i guess u havent read it u people follow what your imam's have told you but why dont you follow the Quran?..

"Surah 46 ayat no 4-6"

"surah 2 Ayat no 186"

"surah 35 Ayat no 13-14"

"surah 18 Ayat no 110"

"surah 7 Ayat no 188"

"surah 6 Ayat no 50"

u will find the answer for question

big prof

Arab Culture

Jamshaid Zubairee

Please don't ask questions about your personal problems i.e. between you and your life partner. You can ask me questions regarding comparative religion, modern culture and differences between Shia and Sunni sects of Islam. Please Visit

I have studied Islam for more than Seven years.

I have no formal credentials to answer question on Islam except from my personal knowledge about Islam that I gained through books, teachers and Internet.I am student of MBBS at Army Medical College Rwalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan.