Arab Culture/marrying an Arab old enough to be my father

Shaiku wrote at 2013-02-09 10:08:36
Dear Sister,

Please don't take life long term decisions based on short term gains. I believe the age is not still ripe for you to understand the issues concerning life, and you are little infatuated by the proposal.

Yes, Money you need and you need Arabic support, however you can get Arabic support from other sources also and a Part-time job will help fulfill your family needs.

I say think of it, what if the old man dies in 3-4 years? what will happen if he leaves you kids, can you bequeath his wealth? I am not sure. Even before that you will be frustrated with the turn of things, we are all human beings, we have biological needs apart from financial needs.

Don't marry just thinking of money, I believe even your parents will not accept your proposal even though you are making sacrifice for them, think of a long term life...

rest, Allah SWT knows best what is best for you...  

Arab Culture

David Rababy

Questions regarding political, military and cultural issues in the Middle East

•27+ years of experience in intelligence analysis •Coordinated the management, analysis, processing, and dissemination of strategic, operational and tactical intelligence •Conducted research & analysis of counterterrorism, and foreign military forces, operations, capabilities and trends in support of threat production •Analyzed information to assess developments, trends, and threat implications within geographical and functional areas •Compiled, collated, analyzed, produced and evaluated all-source intelligence •Subject Matter Expert on Middle East affairs (native of Lebanon)

Disabled American Veterans (DAV) National Veteran-Owned Business Association Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) The American Legion The Marine Corps League The Association of Service Disabled Veterans (ASDV) Fredericksburg Small Business Association (FSBA)

Rababy, D.A., Marine Corps Intelligence, Officer Training of the Future, U.S. Army Military Intelligence magazine, May 1995 Rababy, D.A., Intelligence Support During a Humanitarian Mission, Marine Corps Gazette, February 1995 Rababy, D.A., Intelligence Support in Operations Other Than War, Small Wars Journal, October, 2005 Rababy, D.A., Cultural Intelligence Training for Military Operations, Ongoing

American Military University, Master of Arts, Political Science University of Michigan-Flint, Bachelor of Arts, History Armed Forces Staff College (JPME II) Intelligence Collection Managers Course USMC Command & Staff College Anti-terrorism Instructor Course Instructor and Curriculum Developers Course

Bronze Star Medal Joint Meritorious Service Medal Meritorious Service Medal (Third Award) Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (Third Award) Combat Action Ribbon (Second Award) Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal Southwest Asia Service Medal Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait and Saudi Arabia) Navy and Marine Corps Intelligence Instructor of the Year (1996)

Jane's Information Group Klein Associates (ARA) Robotic Research