Arabic/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Creative Ways to Teach Arabic1/19/2017Sirine Malas
  Q: I am a new columnist for my school monthly bulletin. My task is specifically to write about Arabic ...
  A: Actually your question does not belong here , it is best you consult a teaching expert. However, as ...
Unknown word transliterated as "hufuf?"8/26/2016Sirine Malas
  Q: the Compassionate, the Merciful -- and do thou fear the Fire whose fuel is of men and stones, which ...
  A: I understand where you are coming from but I don't agree with what you said about Arabic words ...
SURNAMES8/22/2016Sirine Malas
  Q: Can you kindly help me trace the etymology of these seemingly Arabic surnames: ...
  A: unfortunately this is not my expertise. You need someone who knows about family trees in Arab ...
inquiry6/3/2016Sirine Malas
  Q: a question pops in my mind sometimes that if suppose a Saudi ,a egyption,a Syrian,qatari ...
  A: You are mixing things up here . There is only modern classic Arabic which is written official Arabic ...
Quran Arabic4/27/2016Sirine Malas
  Q: Sirin, I would like to know if you are a Muslim? Is Quran Arabic different from regular Arabic? Can ...
  A: Quran Arabic is the Source and utmost reference of Arabic. I don't understand what you mean by ...
Arabic inscription.9/24/2015Sirine Malas
  Q: While treasure hunting at a local thrift store I came across a small teapot that had an Arabic ...
  A: Regarding the image you sent. It says on top : Produced by Said Bin At the bottom it says : Damer ...
The most comprehensive Arabic unabridged dictionary9/6/2015Sirine Malas
  Q: Kindly inform me of the name of the most comprehensive Arabic unabridged dictionary. Thanks a bunch ...
  A: In Arabic there is معجم الصحاح and ...
Meaning of a lastname8/24/2015Sirine Malas
  Q: my grandfather was from Damascus in Syria, migrated a long time ago to Argentina, never met him ...
  A: Well you have given me a number of words written in English not in Arabic. They could be any word I ...
translation8/4/2015Sirine Malas
  Q: i want to get a tattoo so i need help with a translation. how do you translate ZAZI in arabic? ...
  A: I cannot translate Zazi coz it sounds like a name. If you mean how is it written in Arabic it is ...
Apology4/24/2015Sirine Malas
  Q: Hey Sirine, How are you? I am the questioner you answered previously, and I am the same questioner ...
  A: I m sorry I don't remember you or the incident, so it is difficult for me to discuss it now. ...
The word "makr"4/16/2015Sirine Malas
  Q: I want to ask a very simple question. I want to know that can the Arabic word "makr" used positively ...
  A: Makr in Arabic مكر means cunning craftiness as you said. And yes it can have a ...
Request for translation1/19/2015Sirine Malas
  Q: I have two questions for you! Firstly, could you please translate my brother Melwyn's name into the ...
  A: Regardind the sentence you want tattooed it s correct as you put it. As for your brother s name I ...
What does "Wajada" mean?9/18/2014Sirine Malas
  Q: Hey, I want to ask that what does "Wajada" mean in Arabic? Can you translate "Wajada" to English? ...
  A: Wajada وجد means found which is derived from the verb to find in 3rd person ...
Phrase translation!9/11/2014Sirine Malas
  Q: I wanted to get a tattoo of the phrase 'Let Go and Let God' in Arabic but I want to make sure it is ...
  A: Well, could you tell me what you mean by Let Go and Let God? Are you trying to say Give up and Give ...
تساهل6/27/2014Sirine Malas
  Q: The word تساهل in persian means to take easy, from ...
  A: Yes that's because you google it. If you read further though in this link ...
Translation Saadiyat Island5/21/2014Sirine Malas
  Q: Good afternoon, I was wondering about the meaning of 'Saadiyat Island', the luxurious island Abu ...
  A: The place you are talking about is Saada Island جزيرة ...
Meaning of a word12/19/2013Sirine Malas
  Q: I read about a saint who was from El Meniah in Egypt. Also, there is an ancient gate in Yemen called ...
  A: The word is not Arabic... I believe the roots can be found in ancient languages like Hieroglyph or ...
name10/5/2013Sirine Malas
  Q: what is the meaning for aatiq bin a'iz
  A: would you kindly send the works in Arabic letters coz I do not recognize the words E English ...
Name translation7/7/2013Sirine Malas
  Q: I am taking a beginning Arabic class in the fall and I would like to know how to write out my name, ...
  A: Well your name in Arabic is written as follows: آيريل To say my ...
arabic language related question7/12/2012Sirine Malas
  Q: I'm writing to ask a general question about the usage of modern standard arabic in embassies.Would ...
  A: Arabic anywhere and every where has got only two forms: 1- The dialect = which is basically Arabic ...
Tattoo translation7/8/2012Sirine Malas
  Q: I am looking to get a tattoo in Arabic that will mean Family forever, Forever family. I'm afraid to ...
  A: Ok there is your translation Family = العائلة Forever = ...
Arabic Alphabet7/2/2012Sirine Malas
  Q: I am painting a children's picture of ABCs (the first three letters) in Latin, Phoenician, Greek, ...
  A: The origin of the ABC in English or any other language for that matter is in the Semitic letters ... ...
Name meaning6/19/2012Sirine Malas
  Q: I am doing some family research and hoping you could help me to translate the meaning of the Syrian ...
  A: Morning Alan, Yes please! ANYTHING FOR SYRIA Well ...Abysalh as I can imagin is ...
Translating image4/25/2012Sirine Malas
  Q: I have this very old carpet with what I assume is arabic. Could you translate any of it?
  A: Well there is a word and a number...three digit number and three lettered word... I would say the ...
tattoo4/25/2012Sirine Malas
  Q: can you please translate this in Arabic for me? (its for a tattoo) : "family is forever" thank ...
  A: ,,, Ok here goes Family = العائلة Forever = ...
I want to know what does my name means??9/16/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: what does my first and last name means Ghina Farhoud ?? غنى ...
  A: Your name could mean two things. If it is Ghinaa =غناء it means singing. If ...
Ustad9/15/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: I need to know why, in your expert opinion, the "Ustad" in Arabic/Farsi cannot be related to the ...
  A: Arabic is a much older language then Spanish. Arabic derived from Nabatin which in turn derived from ...
"ban"9/9/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: All else aside, the present situation in Libya certainly has put the country on the world stage. ...
  A: Sorry for the delay. About Bin Walid ... Bin means "the son of" the scandinavians have Van before ...
translation of image please!5/25/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: I would be much obliged if you could help me translate the attached image. Please let me know if ...
  A: Sorry but that is not Arabic language:-( So I m unable to understand or translate it. But I think ...
Translation of Arabic Script from Image5/21/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: Greetings! I am researching my family line and have a family tree in Arabic. I am unable to get the ...
  A: Ofcourse I can translate this section please send me your email address so that I can send u an ...
Richard in Arabic3/6/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: Hoping you can help I reverted to Islam nearly 2 years ago, but have kept my western name ...
  A: Beautiful name :-) Now there isn't a single word in Arabic that would serve to be a synonym to ...
Religious Salutation2/14/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: I noticed that when leading Arabic politicians and/or religious figures hold a press conference or ...
  A: I m awafully sorry for the delay I had some connection problems. The proper Arabic salutations are ...
Translation2/7/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: I want to get a tattoo in arabic. Could you please translate these phrases for me? Have faith ...
  A: OK exact translation as in word for word is difficult.It is like having two ways of saying somehting ...
Study problems2/4/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: I'm 15 years old. I'm asking in this category ,because they don't have any Arabic study tips. I'm a ...
  A: OK so you need to raise your overall grade in order to get into the college you want is that right? ...
etimology of a word1/29/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: I hope you can help me on the etymology of the word udhiyah. This word was used to mean animal ...
  A: I see where you are coming from . But I think as you do not speak Arabic there is a small ...
Arabic1/15/2011Sirine Malas
  Q: I plan on going to Egypt this summer for vacation. I can speak German, French, Italian fluently and ...
  A: Sorry your question is a bit confusing. Is the question related to Arabic (as in classic) or ...
travel/passport12/26/2010Mustafa Boudjerada
  Q: i am looking to take a personal trip to Egypt in 2011 February or march...how do i go about finding ...
  A: According to my experience the best flight deals are found directly on the major airline websites ...
Translate image12/15/2010Mustafa Boudjerada
  Q: Could you help me translate the image attached and also if it comes from the Quran?
  A: This text is a chapter from the Quran, the translation is as follows: In the name of Allah, the ...
what does my name mean?11/30/2010Mustafa Boudjerada
  Q: hey, my last mane is Ally and i am a muslim and i am wondering what it means. Cam you help?
  A: Ally or Ali have the same meaning in Arabic although the English spelling changes. It's meaning is: ...
Meaning of name11/9/2010Mustafa Boudjerada
  Q: my daughter's name is Rezaiah, pronounce as (Rez zay ya). Can you tell me what is the meanin of that ...
  A: Your daughter’s name Rezaiah is from the Arabic root word Reza, which means satisfaction. From Reza ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4   |  Next       All

Arabic

Sirine Malas

Top Expert on this page