Arabic/Wajada

Question
QUESTION: Hey,

I want to ask that what does "Wajada" mean in Arabic? Can you translate "Wajada" to English?

Thanks.

ANSWER: Hi Den,

Wajada وجد means found which is derived from the verb to find in 3rd person masculine e.g. He found a job.

In Arabic : وجد عملا

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Sirine

QUESTION: Hey,

I have heard that "Wajada" also has many other meanings, such as to appear, saw/see, etc?

Is it true?

Thanks.

ANSWER: Dear Den,

Words change meaning if you put them in different contexts. Words in Arabic also change meaning when the accents are different.

If you can be specific I can help you more.

Cheers

Sirine

QUESTION: Respected Sirine,

Ok, I will provide context here.

For example, two people are walking at night on a beach and they saw that moon appeared as half (not a full moon). Can we say "Wajada" (that moon appeared as half)? Therefore, here I want to ask that can we say that here "wajada" means as "appeared"?

Thanks.

Answer
Hi again,

No. Wajada here is not synonymous with appear.

Wajada here is also found it to be .

If you mean "appeared as if" or "looked like" you need to use Bada. بدا

If you mean "appeared as in appeared out of no where" or "appeared after it was lost" you need to use Dhahar ظهر

You see each word in Arabic even if similar or sometimes synomous changes depending on the desired meaning not the other way round. You do find words that mean more that one thing as we said before that  context is important too.

However, Arabic usually has a word for everything , as it is a rich language, and this also serves to avoid any potential misunderstanding.

Cheers

Sirine

Arabic

Sirine Malas