Arabic/Quran Arabic

QUESTION: Sirin, I would like to know if you are a Muslim? Is Quran Arabic different from regular Arabic? Can you provide authentic meaning of Arabic word of Quran? Are you a Muslim, Sirine?

ANSWER: Dear Youssef,

Quran Arabic is the Source and utmost reference of Arabic.

I don't understand what you mean by "regular" Arabic.

There is only two types of Arabic modern Classic Arabic and Arabic dialects (i.e.spoken in different accents).

Dialects differ from country to country, sometimes include non-Arabic words such as French, Turkish, Farsi, Assyrian,Syriacs etc....

As for written Arabic there is only Modern Classic Arabic used by all countries. This is the same as the language of the Quran.

Hope this answers your question.

QUESTION: Sirine, thanks for your answer. Well, actually one word of arabic language can have various different meaning. This means that translation of one word can be different. I will be asking my question related to Quranic word in my next question. However, I would like to know if you are a Muslim.

Dear Yousuf,

What my regligion is , is a personal matter and it is none of your business.

As for your question I am not an expert in religion or in Islam. I am an expert in Arabic culture and language.

Please note that this is a free service to give people a little something not open to ping pong emails, thus if you have a question please send it and if I am able to answer it I will.

Sirine Malas

I can answer questions related to Syrian culture especially Damascene. I can also answer questions about "Arabic" cultures in general. I can answer in English, French and of course in Arabic.

I m a native.

Layalina English Magazine - BBC Arabic short story award

BA in Marketing