Arbitration/Mediation/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Why would American men10/29/2016David Conboy
  Q: Why would American men be upset? He had sex with British women in California. She gave birth to his ...
  A: I have not yet taken the time to verify what you have said because there is no question being asked ...
Why would The National Center6/22/2016Timmy Chou
  Q: Why would The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children http://www.missingkids.com refuse to ...
  A: If you have looked at some of my previous answers you may know that I always advise questioners that ...
Failure by Arbitrator to File Decision3/12/2016Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.
  Q: I recently had a compulsory Arbitration Hearing for a civil case in Maricopa County Superior Court. ...
  A: Victor, You can file a Motion Compelling an Arbitration Decision with the Judge on your case; ...
Mediating with a friend1/28/2016James Abron, P.E., P.L.S.
  Q: I have a very complicated situation. I am a 35 year old woman, living with my widowed mother, as I ...
  A: Kirsten: You have two things going on here. #1. Guilt. Stop beating up on yourself about your ...
Could a mediator help with this?1/28/2016David Conboy
  A: Kirsten. Please allow me to begin by saying that your situation only appears to be much more dire ...
Mediation with my friend1/28/2016Timmy Chou
Child Support12/12/2015Timmy Chou
  Q: I live in Illinois. About 5 years ago I was taken to court for child support. I had previously been ...
  A: Greetings, Sorry for the delay, but I am traveling. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the ...
Investor Dispute12/1/2015Timmy Chou
  Q: I'm going to give you the Cliff Notes version of the situation. Started a company in 2013 with 2 ...
Claiming Unemployment because I refused to...9/21/2015Timmy Chou
  Q: This may be outside your scope but I'm hoping you can give me some suggestions or direction ...
  A: As I always note to questioners, mediators act as neutral third parties to disputes and never "get ...
Travel insurance9/1/2015Timmy Chou
  Q: My 81yr old wife was on her way to Canada. Unfortunately she fell ill in the departure lounge at the ...
  A: Greetings, There is a good chance that there is a clause buried in the fine print for your ...
shareholders7/31/2015Timmy Chou
  Q: When shareholders want to vote to assign a special committee (e.g a committee that will be able to ...
  A: Normally shareholders will not vote on such a proposition directly. Typically shareholders will ...
Payroll Dispute12/31/2014Timmy Chou
  Q: I am paid twice per month, usually on the 15th and last of each month (depending on where weekends ...
Interview Questions11/21/2014Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.
  Q: I have to complete an assignment for my college English class, and it requires me to interview ...
  A: I would be happy to answer your questions. 1) I was a general studies major with 20 units in ...
Owner stole from renter???7/21/2014Timmy Chou
  Q: I rent a space in a craft mall. I sold a piece of furniture to a customer , who put it on layaway. ...
Escrow messed up5/21/2014Timmy Chou
  Q: My father sold house#1 but the escrow co paid off his house #2. Now, Title insurance company is ...
Quantum Meruit4/25/2014Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.
  Q: How can I successfully craft a winning quantum meruit argument? I have already had a hearing on this ...
  A: Theo, For a quantum meruit claim, you need to show the benefit to your former employer. Quantum ...
Subpoena4/1/2014Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.
  Q: I've been issued a subpoena by a client of the company that I used to work for. The client is suing ...
  A: Brandon, The technical answer is yes. Each side is aware of the other side's subpoenas so that ...
lease agreement and sudden eviction3/1/2014Timmy Chou
  Q: I am in AZ. I have leased a storage unit since 2005. I have always been given the option to pay for ...
  A: Sorry for the delay, I was away this past weekend. If you have looked at some of my previous ...
what to do next2/19/2014Timmy Chou
  Q: work for a major insurance company, in a busy call center that handles an Underwriting type of ...
arbitration for homeowners claim8/17/2013Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.
  Q: We are in arbitration on a homeowners claim in Phoenix, Arizona. Our adjuster is telling us we are ...
  A: Lynda, I may need more information; however, your homeowner's insurance owes you a duty to protect ...
Eexpert Determination5/26/2013David Conboy
  Q: Are expert determination final and binding, and are they capable of ousting the jurisdiction of ...
  A: In certain cases, if the parties choose binding arbitration, then the decision of the arbitrator(s) ...
Confict in business relationship3/17/2013Timmy Chou
  Q: Chou. Hi, my boyfriend & I live together. We also work together. I joined his small company six ...
nonbinding arbitration3/13/2013Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.
  Q: Currently in a non binding arbitration. how much do you think the courts thru the appointed court ...
  A: I am not certain which county your litigation is occurring. For instance all cases under $50,000 ...
partnership11/28/2012Timmy Chou
  Q: I like AllExperts and have used it much. not sure if you are the right person for this question. If ...
Boat Ownership11/1/2012Timmy Chou
  Q: I had recently used my money to buy a boat and my boyfriend who did not pay anything for this boat, ...
Engineering10/13/2012James Abron, P.E., P.L.S.
  Q: I was curious, in the state of New York, are internships considered credit toward P.E? Is there ...
  A: Most states require four years of experience in the field after graduation with your B.S. degree. ...
Licensing Agreement10/5/2012Timmy Chou
  Q: Chou, My business partner and I are entering into a Licensing Agreement of which we are the ...
  A: Sorry for the brief delay as I was traveling. As I always note to questioners, mediators act as ...
telecommunications8/17/2012David Conboy
  Q: I recently changed my service after 25 months with T-Mobile and went to AT&T in the state of ...
  A: Let's look at as many angles as we can. First, many companies have in their small print that they ...
Mediation?4/13/2012Timmy Chou
  Q: In Florida can what was said in mediation be discussed when you go to court? Such as claims or only ...
  A: Technically no. Also the mediator cannot be called to testify. It is true though that people do ...
partnership issues2/15/2012Timmy Chou
  Q: I started a corporation with another person. The plan was to invest in real estate and to offer tax ...
Who pays?1/27/2012Timmy Chou
  Q: I have a friend in California who sued a nursing home for wrongful death of their spouse. She ...
  A: I'm not an attorney nor am I familiar with CA law or the particulars of the specific court ...
union agreement1/22/2012Timmy Chou
  Q: I was terminated under accusations that are not covered under the collective agreement is there ...
  A: Unfortunately I am not a lawyer nor do I have experience in Canadian labor law I'm afraid. However, ...
Mediation1/19/2012Timmy Chou
  Q: Chou I have a mediation coming up shortly regarding an accident that I was in and I wanted to know ...
  A: Mediators act as neutral third parties to disputes and never "get involved" in judging the merits of ...
W-9 form request from tenant1/14/2012Timmy Chou
  Q: A tenant of my residential rental property has just requested a W-9 from me. I file this rental ...
  A: The tenant may be trying to write off some of the rent for a business use and seeks to document the ...
W-9 form request from tenant1/14/2012David Conboy
  A: Oddly enough, if a person, who has paid you monies for anything, requests a W-9 from you must give ...
certainteed windows11/18/2011David Conboy
  Q: 2005-2006..all new cetainteed windows installed in my home.They are junk ! Ice forms on the inside ...
  A: There doesn't seem to be a question in your posting. It seems more like a statement so, I'm not ...
Arbitration law10/5/2011James Abron, P.E., P.L.S.
  Q: Where in the law does it state that arbitration reports or agreements are confidential (unless ...
  A: Chris: Arbitration is governed by several "acts". The Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)rules for ...
Buisness conflict9/21/2011Timmy Chou
  Q: I leased a restaurant from the resort owner for the summer season. I did not have my own debit visa ...
arbitration9/16/2011David Conboy
  Q: I would like to pursue a career as an arbitrator and I am currently reading various cases and trying ...
  A: I have placed my responses below your in sections. You will find my responses inside brackets [ ]. ...
Can Law firms mediate9/9/2011James Abron, P.E., P.L.S.
  Q: I searched the internet and yellow pages for a mediator, or mediation centre in Dhaka, Bangladesh. ...
  A: A law firm might have a trained mediator on staff. You must inquire with the particular firm. I am ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Arbitration/Mediation

Timmy Chou

Top Expert on this page