Arbitration/Mediation/Eexpert Determination

Are expert determination final and binding, and are they capable of ousting the jurisdiction of courts?

Dear Duminda,

In certain cases, if the parties choose binding arbitration, then the decision of the arbitrator(s) is binding.  At least that's how it works in the United States.  I am not familiar with the laws of Sri Lanka.  Generally speaking, however, the ruling of a court can only be overturned by an Appeal.

The unfortunate truth of the matter is, there will always be people who want to do injustices to other people for apparently no good reason.  I can mention the witch hunts that we used to have here in America.  We used to burn people at the stake if we thought they were witches.  As everyone now knows, there are no witches so, all of that that was done hundreds of years ago, and agreed to by the masses, was completely wrong and we all know that now.

The same thing goes on today.  There are injustices done all the time to many people.  I do not know why other people take such joy with hurting other people because we all spend such a short time on this planet with our lives - no one lives forever.  What my experience has shown me is that people who try to take advantage of other people and put other people down, are worthless and weak.  It is the strong people who are kind, considerate and compassionate.

If you have truth on your side, you will win.

David Conboy

I can answer questions about: internet, networking, websites, telecommunications, auto mechanics, carpentry, credit card processing, advertising, marketing, calling cards, promotional materials, options - both equity and index both short and long positions as well as strategies such as covered writing, bear spread, bull spread. I cannot answer legal, accounting or medical questions.

I founded one of the first Internet Service Providers in the United States in 1994. I founded a digital telephone company in 2005. I owned a real estate investment company. I have traded options for over 20 years and worked in the margin department of a financial brokerage firm. I have been working on automobiles and engines since I was eight years old. I was a member of the Board of Directors of a publicly traded corporation for 2 years.

New York State Dispute Resolution Association

I performed a 15 minute segment on 810AM WGY every Tuesday morning for 5 years regarding the internet.

Bachelor of Science - Marketing and Management, Siena College. All other knowledge has been learned through real world experience.