Arbitration/Mediation/arbitration for homeowners claim

We are in arbitration on a homeowners claim in Phoenix, Arizona.  Our adjuster is telling us we are not privy to know the dollar figures submitted by our appraiser nor the dollar amounts submitted by the insurance companies appraiser. They are doing appraisals for remediation, structure, contents. Is this common practice?  Seems odd since now they have their own people doing bids on the work for this.

Thank You

I may need more information; however, your homeowner's insurance owes you a duty to protect your interests as a first party and you should be able to evaluate its work to determine whether it is a fair offer.  Based on the limited facts, this sounds like a potential case for bad faith.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

I am a licensed attorney and Judge Pro Tempore who has conducted and been involved in hundreds of mediations and thousands of arbitrations. I can answer questions regarding settlement conferences, mediations or arbitrations. I do not give legal advice over the internet and it would be helpful to list your location such as country or state.

For more information, you can view my website at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM

I am a licensed attorney, Judge Pro Tempore and adjunct professor.

Experience in the area
I have been a licensed attorney since 1989 and a Judge Pro Tempore since 2005. Additionally, I have a masters degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy regarding comparative ethics

State Bar of Arizona
State Bar of Colorado (inactive)
District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
Federal Bar
Licensed in Arizona District Court
Licensed in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Licensed in the United States Supreme Court
American Bar Association
National Board of Trial Advocacy
American Association for Justice
Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
Kennedy Institute of Ethics
National Association of Realtors

Bachelor of Arts 1985
Juris Doctorate 1989
Master of Arts in Bioethics 2004
Doctorate of Philosphy 2006

Phi Beta Kappa
Multiple Who's Who

A list of my copyrighted publications and presentations is contained at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM