Arbitration/Mediation/Failure by Arbitrator to File Decision

Question
I recently had a compulsory Arbitration Hearing for a civil case in Maricopa County Superior Court.  By Rules of Court, the Arbitrator was required to submit Notice of Decision 10 days after the hearing, which she did not do.  I then contacted the Arbitration Department and was told that they give an additional 5 day grace period for mailing.  When that period expired, they recommended that I contact the Arbitrator and ask if she had a timetable in mind for filing. She never responded back to me.  

So what do I need to file now with the Court in order to get the Arbitrator to file her paperwork? What is/are the next step(s)?

Answer
Victor,

You can file a Motion Compelling an Arbitration Decision with the Judge on your case; however, that will likely upset the arbitrator who will most likely give an unfavorable ruling.  You can also file a Motion to Remove the Arbitrator with the judge on your case.  The judge who is assigned to your case can and most likely will take action.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Arbitration/Mediation

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.