under water village?
under water village?  
Mr. Shea,

I was able to convert the photo to jpeg. So hopefully you can tell me what this might be. Thank you for taking the time to read this and looking at my photo.

HI Stephen
These rectangular patterns look like old faults in the bedrock.  They look less marked that the sharper-relief faults to the west, probably because they are older, further away from the continental plate spreading zone.
They are WAY to big to be man-made - >200 km on a side.  This is larger than any city on earth..  
John Shea

John J. Shea

Questions about Old World prehistoric archaeology (mainly Europe, Near East, and Africa during the Paleolithic period/Pleistocene Epoch). IMPORTANT: I do not give advice about colleges. I do not appraise the value of artifacts or fossils. IMPORTANT: Between February 14 and September 01, 2014, I will be on sabbatical leave. During this time I will have limited access to email. This means that there may be very long periods (i.e., weeks) between your posting a question and my having time to answer it.

University professor of anthropology/archaeology since 1991. Dozens of publications in peer-review anthropology journals. Director of archaeological-paleontological expeditions and excavations in Israel, Jordan, Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Kenya. See my main profile under Allexperts` "Anthropology" section. Professional website: Personal website:

>20 years as faculty at major research university