Archaeology/Diamond Shaped Rocks found in area of arrowheads

les_matte wrote at 2013-05-20 13:25:46
I also found stones like these within a couple miles of the ocmulgee indian mounds in central georgia.  I thought they may be some type of gar scale fossil, or maybe some type of modern quarry product.  I found a number of unidentified lithic tools but the only reference i can find to them is in looking at lithic pictures from the old world...I dont think we do a good job at identifing possible tools in this country.

Mohawk warrior wrote at 2013-11-23 04:30:07
I also have seven of these diamonds I live in Ohio. I have one farm I searched and I have points,scrappers,and tools from paleo to historic.The finds on this property are over whelming.Now the diamond shape means protection and immortality. I think there ceremonial prices.The reason I feel there part of ritual one I have has what appears to be deep lines on the face of the price.Funny three people in three states have found these prices.

Milburn R Peach wrote at 2015-12-15 03:24:38
I live in N.West Tn. On the Tn.River (Kentucky lake!! Approx. 2 yrs ago I found the same types of diamond shape rocks. All have pagan type images on both sides of the rocks. I'm still studying them because the images are something to behold!! My name is Milburn R Peach

ancients wrote at 2016-05-18 01:35:15
I just saw this and thought I would add my personal experience. When I was younger, I found a clear quartz arrowhead and next to it, found a clear quartz diamond that looks just like these. I have not been able to identify it. I sometimes search for info and just came across this site. Good luck.

Ralph Salier

Archaeologist for the last 30 years. Norh American generalist and Hopwell culture/Red Ocher culture specifically. Lithics Expert and Ground Stone tools.

Past/Present clients
Numerous museums in US and Canada. Several University Anthropology Departments.