Archaeology/stone tool

Question
stone tool?
stone tool?  

stone tool?
stone tool?  
Mr. Salier,

I found this item a couple of years ago in a creek on our property about 70 miles southwest of St. Louis, MO. It appears to be a stone tool; however, I've been unable to find information that would help identify the 'tool' or its purpose.  Your help in identifying it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Jim,  this appears to be a scraper/knife.  Worked flint is generally very sharp and can be used for many purposes.  It may be dull after being in a river for some time.  These kinds of tools generally do not have diagnostic features that identify the culture they belong to.  People have lived in the Mississippi valley for more than 15000 years so there is no telling how old this object may be.  I hope this helps

Archaeology

Ralph Salier