Archaeology/more rocks?

Question
rocks?
rocks?  
Rocks?
Rocks?  
QUESTION: Through the years I have quite a collection all dated and found in the same private small area more to come if you don't mind. are any artifacts?

ANSWER: Hi Irene

In the first frame the small stone next to 5-03-09 could be a flake made when a Native American was fashioning a tool of some kind.  Debut age of this type is often a good indicator of a site being near by.  The second frame is a bit more difficult.  First are these painted to give the a glossy finish?  Makes it hard to see some of the detail.  The rock just above the coin, is that supporting another rock which is on edge?  I'd like to see more of that one.  And the stone to the coins upper left, I'd like to see the bottom of it in greater detail.  

The others appear to be just rocks.

rocks?
rocks?  

rocks?
rocks?  
QUESTION: I hope these are the two your referring to and I coated the rocks with water based glue that comes right off to be able to write the dates and not leave permanent marks.

Answer
Hi Irene, I believe that these are just rocks.  Sorry.  When or if you get a chance, you should visit a museum that has Native American Artifacts so that you can get a better idea of what they look like and how they are shaped.  The tools used to make them and how they were used.  This will help you in your search for artifacts.  Of course, no digging!  as this can and does destroy the value of an intact archaeological site, but surface finds on plowed fields or in streams or along the beach, all help to locate and identify where sites are, so it is importatnt to keep good records of your finds, much like you are doing today.  Have a map of the place and approximately where the items were found, mark the map and give the place a number and date and put this same info on your finds.  Be willing to share the information with professionals should they come asking.

Most important sites in the US have been first found by amatures who have graciously shared their finds with professionals and shown them where they are located.  There are hundreds of thousands of sites and only a few thousand professionals so there is no way for us to find all of them nor explore them fully.  We rely on trained amatures to do  this leg work for us.

That is why local societies are so important, they provide training to amatures such as yourself and encourage the use of proper techniques that have the least risk to the value of a site.  

Archaeology

Ralph Salier