Archaeology/Dimond shaped rocks

Question
Dimond shape rocks
Dimond shape rocks  

Rocks
Rocks  
Hello. I've been doing construction/excavation out side of a town called Eola mo. It's a very hilly/semi mountainis area. It's at the very top of a hill. It's very secluded area. And to everyone nowledge it's been undisturbed for ever. On that note we've found thousand of dimond shaped rocks. Some are almost perfect. Also we've found a few Indian tools which our engineer took to an archeologist who said what the tools were called. But I don't remember. I know 2 of them were grinding stones, like for grinding food or somthing. They were very smooth and rounded at each end.
     Anyway I'm really curious what's up with these dimond shaped rocks. I read an answer that some one sent to a lady who found the same kind of rocks in another state. The answer was "that they just happened to break in that shape while the Indians or someone, was digging for somthing eles" I can't remember what the somthing eles was called.
   But there is no way no posible way just counsidentaly that thousands of rocks just happened to break in perfect dimond shapes. I don't even know how anyone could even say that.
   Oh yea also on of my best friends who is a lincoln county commissioner, is a third generation farmer that lives about 1 mile down the road from the site. His family has farmed down the road from  there for over 100 yrs.
    PLEASE HELP ME... I really just got a know what these are? A few of them have chipping on the edges like a arrow head has.
         Thank you for your time...

Arvel skaggs

Cell:  

Answer
Hi Mr. Skaggs

These are quite unusual.  Were they laying flat like a pavement or on edge or in some other manner?  Are they thin?  Are the edges smooth or sharp?  Do you know if they are limestones?  One way to tell is to put a few drops of vinegar on one and if it is limestone the vinegar will react to the stone and bubble or foam.  

Are they in any way incised?.  In other words are there patterns carved into either surface?  Check both sides.  When you gently knock two together do they "ring" or just go thunk?  Do any have holes going thru them on the edge or face?  

If would answer these questions it would help a lot.

Additional questions:

You are not far from the Mississippi and about 5 miles back from the bluffs in Eola.  Was this site any where near the Little Ramsey creek?  If so, you may have a Hopewell ceremonial site.  

Please let me know.  If this is the case, I will need you to contact the State Archaeologist, to report the site.

Archaeology

Ralph Salier