QUESTION: Hello sir

Sir u have my history book  saved in ur system, please open history and changing world 2nd para they have 2nd line to last para.
It's confusing me that if we stay in our own India than how cannot know or understand what is happening in India, why there is a need to understand the history of world and sir how the history if India is related to larger history of world.

ANSWER: Hi  Aishwarya,

India is a large country with a billion people.  You would have to read the news from every region to understand what is happening across the nation.  So few people really know what is going on every where in India.  Many also do not understand how India fits into the world.  Indian companies export many goods and services, it also imports many goods as well thus it is tied into the global economy.  How and why this is the case is a matter of world history.  India was at one time the "crown jewel" of the British Empire.  Because of this India was unified as one nation, and was also partitioned.  Had wars with its neighbors and still has issues.  It is also why it has a rail network, roads that go across the country and infrastructure that allows people and goods to flow smoothly.  Without an understanding of history one cannot understand modern India.  

If you live in Mumbai do you understand what is happening in Chennai?  If you live in Bangalore, do you know what is happening in Dehli?  Perhaps but can you also know what is happening in the small villages in Eastern India or the desert?  Or the Ghats?  How are these areas different or similar to where you live?  Are the same languages spoken in these places?  What is the infrastructure like?  How does the History of the region impact today? Why and how is this important it India and the world today?  This is your challenge.  If you cannot answer these questions then you will understand why it is important to study this subject and have a better understanding of the India you live in.

QUESTION: Hello sir

Sir I am not asking about knowing history of India is why important , I am asking in textbook it is given that without knowing the world history we cannot know about what's going in India.this line is confusing because if I live in India I can know what's going on in India , by media but why there is a need to know world history to understand what's going in India

This I asked sir
Please go through with events and.process  introducrion od lf lesson French revolution last 6or 7 lines are not related to French revolution but why they had given

Sir lesson is confusing , how I read sir it is not in systematic manner greeting confused sir

yes, you are right it is confusing and poorly written.  

World history impacted India.  The example I provided for the British Empire which united India and worked to reduce regional fighting and hunger.

The French revolution had an impact on India as well.  The area known as Puducherry in the Southeast of India was at one time 4 colonial enclaves of Pondicherry, Yanam, Mahe and Karikal.  These were needed to India as a result of the revolution in France.  While they were still administered by the French Republic, they had acknowledged that they would be returned to India with nationhood and were in 1950.  

I understand that the lack of systematic presentation is a cause of confusion, sometimes, the history of a place is so intertwined with external events that a linear view is not possible.  What some do is provide the history of both and then the history of how they are related.  This can also be confusing since it may repeat some of the history already provided.  I think  that this is in part the case here.  

History is mostly linear if it is insular, but when it interacts across regions or even the world and has an impact on today's world then it must be viewed within this historical context.  

Ralph Salier

Archaeologist for the last 30 years. Norh American generalist and Hopwell culture/Red Ocher culture specifically. Lithics Expert and Ground Stone tools.

Past/Present clients
Numerous museums in US and Canada. Several University Anthropology Departments.