Architecture/"storybook houses"

storybook home ownere wrote at 2013-06-12 05:12:06
I live in a hall craft story book home.  Unfortunately the previous owner did the same thing with my mailbox.  My neighbor tho has the original slot on the interior of the house on the other side of the mailbox.  Our houses were built in 1959 and I'm not sure if they are the same style or not

Rikki Nyman

Residential architectural questions concerning houses designed between 1900 and 1950, where the question pertains specifically to styles, designs, plans, building materials, color schemes, paint colors, interior finishes and so on. I am NOT qualified to answer engineering questions or issues involving construction methods, plumbing, electrical and the like. For example, I can describe what an appropriate color scheme would be for a vintage 1920s kitchen, or sources for plans for Storybook Style houses. I can not tell someone how to replace the electrical wiring in their old home.

I have been researching old houses and writing about them for more than five years. (See, which is my site.)

Oregon Historical Society Architectural History Center, Portland Oregon

B.S. History, Minor in Architectural Design