Architecture/stairs, old house

Thomas Pennyson wrote at 2014-12-06 14:58:49
My wife and I owned this house from 2001-2005 and continued the period restoration of it to ensure its preservation.  As Richard answered, that door DOES lead to the front of the house which is actually a second house.  The orginal back house faces the Merrimack River and dates to between 1740-1760.  The front house was built around 1810 and contains original murals by Rufus Porter. In fact, the room right beyond this door had murals started on all four walls but never finished.

Richard Taylor, AIA

Ask me about all aspects of house, remodeling. , and room addition design and construction. Ask me about historic homes, renovation, and restoration. Ask me about materials and techniques, and about how you can get the best value for your design and construction dollar. Ask me how you can make your home a very special place. I can't, however, answer specific structural engineering questions in this forum - that's something you'll need on-site observation for.

I own a full-service residential architectural firm, and have been designing custom homes, remodelings, and room additions across the country since 1983. Check us out at Richard Taylor Architects and RTA Plans. I have written and been published extensively on the subject of residential architecture.

American Institute of Architects, City of Dublin Architectural Review Board, Vice Chair of City of Dublin Planning and Zoning Commission, American Planning Association, Board Member Historic Dublin Business Association, Past Editor of SPLASH (a software forum), Past Editor of Open Directory Project, Assistant Scoutmaster, Boy Scouts of America

Business First of Columbus, Suburban New Publications,, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Columbus Dispatch Residential Architect Custom Home Architect Remodeling Architect

Bachelor of Environmental Design (Architecture) Miami University 1983
For more about home design, check out my blog at Sense Of Place and join the conversation on our Facebook Page.

2010 Dublin Chamber of Commerce Business Person of the Year