Architecture/choosing archiecture as minor

Question
To Guido,
I am Dave, undergraduate of BBA studying in HK's university. As I know, architectrure is broad, does it compromised of different field? I was wondering to choose architecture as my minor but I havent studied physics,science, design before, would it be difficult for me to learn architecture? I understand this is a professional field and are there any courses or things I could learn now to test if I am really interested and suitable to study in architecture? thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Answer
Hi Dave, thanks for your question.
Im not sure if I understand correctly your question . I dont know how HKs university works or its requirements. Architecture is a nice career and profession to take if you are really convinced.
First thing that Id do is to learn as much as possible about the field of architecture, by talking to architects and by visiting architectural offices to see if you really are interested in becoming one.
Many different paths can take you toward an Architecture degree here in US, one route is to enroll in a 5-year Bachelor or Master of Architecture program. Or, you can earn a bachelor's degree in another field such as mathematics, engineering, or even art. Then go on to graduate school for a 2- or 3-year Masters Degree in  Architecture. These different paths each have advantages and disadvantages.  Consult with your academic advisers and teachers of how that can be applicable in your University.
I hope this can help! Good luck with your studies!
Guido

Architecture

Guido Tenaglia, LEED AP