Few days ago I purchased a piece of land measuring 2400 square.ft (60'40') now I want build single storey house now I request yourself to send me some designed structure houses that will be your most kindness

What are your side yard setbacks?
If I send you a house plan that is no more than 30' x 30', would that fit within your set back requirements?

Do you have any neighborhood covenants that dictate the location of the garage doors (not facing the street), or style, or requirements for brick, or porch, or anything else?

Is the property flat or is there opportunity for a walkout basement?

What is your climate?  Dry and hot?  Or is it Zone 5 where you have extreme cold, hot, wet and dry?

Where exactly is this piece of land?

How many bedrooms and bathrooms are you expecting?

How many garage stalls are you expecting?  Certainly not more than two with a small property like that.

Are you expecting a separate dining room and family room or will there be only one room that functions as both?

Are you expecting a basement?

Are you expecting a second floor?

Richard Burton AIA

A combined total of 25 years experience with construction, architecture, and building code enforcement. Ask me about residential and commercial design. Ask me about design aesthetics, structural methods, and building something that will withstand severe weather conditions. Ask me my opinion about YOUR design ideas and I will tell you the merits of good design and challenge your thinking about practical issues. Ask me how to best find and work with your local architect and approach general contractors to get the most value for the least amount of headaches. You can ask me about improving your energy efficiency and things that are both green and practical. But don't ask me about solar panels and wind turbines unless you are currently paying your utility company 35 cents per Kilowatt. Otherwise the math does not justify the initial cost and return on investment. Ask me any building code question and how to get a building permit from the most difficult enforcement agencies.

Here in the midwest, we design and build "green" in ways that make sense. My construction methods prioritize weather resistance, ease of maintenance and durability. While a graduate student in San Diego, I taught drafting and history of architecture. After working ten years for other architecture firms, I have started my firm Arrow Architecture in 2008. More than half of my work involves commercial office buildings. But my portfolio of work also includes custom homes, residential additions, home remodels, and second story additions.

President-Elect of American Institute of Architects - Lincoln, NE

B.S. Architecture - (Interior Design) University of Nebraska Lincoln 1997 Master of Architecture - (Urban Design and Professional Practice) NewSchool of Architecture - San Diego 2004 Graduated Summa Cum Laude ICC Certified Building Plans Examiner

AIA Henry Adams Medal and Certificate