Architecture/Solar Penals

Question
Good Day
What are the calculations or drawings an architect have to provide for proposing a solar panel for a house ?
Regards
Mahreen Junaid

Answer
Hi Mahreen,
The drawings required vary greatly on the local legislation in place. I know in many parts of Europe as well as in Australia, placing panels flat on the roof of a domestic house is normally exempt from planning requirements and is normally shown only as a "proposed location" level of detail with a hatched box. Exceptions to this rule can include listed historical buildings, cyclone prone areas and panels on tilt frames.

Most of the requirements for solar panels are driven by the electrical installer's responsibilities rather than the architect's and I would advise that you or your architect discuss it with them directly. Here in Australia there is a Clean Energy Council that has legislative power that sets the requirements for all people involved in installing solar panels. There may be a similar body in Pakistan and I would advise that you contact them for the requirements in your area.

I hope this helps
Brendan

Architecture

Brendan Cotter