Architecture/Verteniary Hospital Infrastructure.

QUESTION: Dear Richard

Can you suggest Design model for Verteniary pets Hospital Infrastructure?.

Veterinarian Pet Hospital
Veterinarian Pet Hospi  
ANSWER: Prashant,

My father is a retired veterinarian.  Although I did not spend a lot of time helping him with surgeries, I do remember the basic layout of his building.

I am curious enough to ask where do you come up with these questions?  They are interesting.

You are asking for basic "infrastructure" and I would interpret that to be the schematic design.  The attached image shows the basic elements regardless of a small clinic or larger pet hospital.  I hope this helps.

Richard Burton, AIA
Registered Architect
ICC Certified Plan Reviewer
NFPA Certified Fire Plan Examiner

QUESTION: Dear Richard

The Verteniary pets Hospital Infrastructure Design model will vary
with the Hospital setup either in Urban or Rural area?.

Veterinarian Clinic Hospital
Veterinarian Clinic Ho  

Yes.  I would expect that the same business for an urban area might have local zoning codes that restrict the outdoor play area and that activity may need to be a large indoor area.  Kennels to keep pets over the weekend are more popular in urban areas along with dog bathing and grooming.  It is amazing how much money people without kids will spend on their pets.

Rural areas could afford a much larger outdoor play area but the market for weekend kennels is not very high.  So I would expect a larger outdoor area and fewer kennels.

Veterinarians in rural areas will take care of both large farm animals and small pets.  The surgeries for the large farm animals that I participated with were always conducted on site.  The surgical room used for the pets and recovery kennels would be the same regardless of urban or rural.

Richard Burton, AIA
Registered Architect
ICC Certified Plan Reviewer
NFPA Certified Fire Plan Examiner

Richard Burton AIA

A combined total of 25 years experience with construction, architecture, and building code enforcement. Ask me about residential and commercial design. Ask me about design aesthetics, structural methods, and building something that will withstand severe weather conditions. Ask me my opinion about YOUR design ideas and I will tell you the merits of good design and challenge your thinking about practical issues. Ask me how to best find and work with your local architect and approach general contractors to get the most value for the least amount of headaches. You can ask me about improving your energy efficiency and things that are both green and practical. But don't ask me about solar panels and wind turbines unless you are currently paying your utility company 35 cents per Kilowatt. Otherwise the math does not justify the initial cost and return on investment. Ask me any building code question and how to get a building permit from the most difficult enforcement agencies.

Here in the midwest, we design and build "green" in ways that make sense. My construction methods prioritize weather resistance, ease of maintenance and durability. While a graduate student in San Diego, I taught drafting and history of architecture. After working ten years for other architecture firms, I have started my firm Arrow Architecture in 2008. More than half of my work involves commercial office buildings. But my portfolio of work also includes custom homes, residential additions, home remodels, and second story additions.

President-Elect of American Institute of Architects - Lincoln, NE

B.S. Architecture - (Interior Design) University of Nebraska Lincoln 1997 Master of Architecture - (Urban Design and Professional Practice) NewSchool of Architecture - San Diego 2004 Graduated Summa Cum Laude ICC Certified Building Plans Examiner

AIA Henry Adams Medal and Certificate