Arizona/Phoenix

Question
Hi!
My husband and I live in Canada in a small city that now has direct flights to Phoenix. We both dont like airports much, so since there are no connections Phoenix seems like just the ticket. We are thinking of an annual trip 'Phoenix in February'.
Can you suggest some moderately priced but nice places to stay that are close to the airport, and some outings we can plan?
Thanks so much!

Answer
Phoenix in February is great weather.  I suggest you rent a car. You can drive south to Tucson and see the Saguaro National Parks.  The cacti are amazing.  Visit the Sonora Desert Museum.  Also the Pima Air and Space museum.  Visit the Biosphere project. You can drive north to Sedona and see the magnificent red rocks.  There is great hiking for all levels of expertise.  You can learn about crystals and visit all the wonderful art galleries.  Take a jeep tour of the area.   You can drive further to the Grand Canyon and spend a night there. In Phoenix there are wonderful art galleries in Old town.  They have an artwalk every Thursday night which is lots of fun.  Walking Old Town itself is nice.  The Desert Botanical Garden is wonderful.  Check the calendar for each city because at that time of year there are many festivals and fairs.  There are great museums in all the areas.  
Hope this helps.  

Arizona

Phillis Rogoff