Artificial Intelligence/Microscope interfacing with Computer.

Dear Chuck‎‎‎

Is it possible to design and develop software applications (image processing) for the pathology lab which takes samples viz blood, urine, stool, sputum, sperm etc as input images captured by the Digital/Electron microscope and depending upon every image captured digitally, the output is generated i.e. reports for the readings count and its ranges.

The process will be automated as only the specimen slides are to be inserted in the microscope device for microscopic observations.
The Image processing Software application will generate the reports along with the Image captured taken on the printer output device.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I suspect it is possible, but extremely difficult.  My focus is on natural language processing, so I know very little about image processing.  I suggest you look into face recognition software.  it has advanced a huge amount in recent years, and they would have the basic algorithms that you would need to start with.  

Artificial Intelligence

Chuck Cosby

I can answer questions about speech recognition and natural language understanding. I am particulary strong in knowedge based natural langauge techniques. I cannot answer questions about robotics, nueral nets, prolog, or vision recognition - just speech and natural language.

I have spent 25 years developing natural language software products. I have never developed speech systems, but I have developed sophisticated interfaces from natural language to speech. I have been working with speech recognition systems also for 25 years.