Artificial Intelligence/About Computational Linguistics

Fabian T wrote at 2015-01-15 13:07:08
I do agree with chuck.. Adelphia is defintly the proper choice..

Stefan Loeners wrote at 2015-07-28 18:53:33
I felt I should respond to Haady's question as well.

What Haady did not realize was that, although Delphi remains a very popular Integrated Development Environment particularly in Eastern and Western Europe, it has never made it across the Atlantic Ocean. As a result, Delphi remains largely unknown in the US. Delphi was created in the 90s by Borland. It was far superior to Microsoft's Visual Basic. c#, by the way, was created by a former Borland developer.

Haady, it seems to me that the entire academic population dealing with computational linguistics relies exclusively on Python. What you could try, is embed Python in Delphi. There are several free libraries out there. Here are a couple of links to help you get started.

Let me know how you fare, Haady. I'd appreciate that.

In case you decide to switch to C#

Artificial Intelligence

Chuck Cosby

I can answer questions about speech recognition and natural language understanding. I am particulary strong in knowedge based natural langauge techniques. I cannot answer questions about robotics, nueral nets, prolog, or vision recognition - just speech and natural language.

I have spent 25 years developing natural language software products. I have never developed speech systems, but I have developed sophisticated interfaces from natural language to speech. I have been working with speech recognition systems also for 25 years.