Artificial Intelligence/Robotic applications in Mountains and Hillstations.

Dear Chuck

Can there be Robotic applications in Mountains and Hillstations places?

So - how about the Curiosity Rover - which is currently on Mars attempting to climb a small mountain in the 'Gail Crater'! The answer to your question is 'YES!'.  there are all kinds of robots being built to do this kind of thing.  including Robots to travel in debris left over from earthquakes to search for survivors. So - there are many applications for robots in mountains, but it is hard to build them and make them work.  

Artificial Intelligence

Chuck Cosby

I can answer questions about speech recognition and natural language understanding. I am particulary strong in knowedge based natural langauge techniques. I cannot answer questions about robotics, nueral nets, prolog, or vision recognition - just speech and natural language.

I have spent 25 years developing natural language software products. I have never developed speech systems, but I have developed sophisticated interfaces from natural language to speech. I have been working with speech recognition systems also for 25 years.