Artists` Exchange/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Lebanese Girl2/28/2008Clay Nidiffer
  Q: I want to write a song about a girl I like but I'm really stuck for lyrics (probably because I only ...
  A: I love to write songs. ok, you might try starting the song with her name. Or something you guys have ...
Artist Identidication11/20/2007Valerie Zwart
  Q: I have a thatched home with pond water color that has been in our family for years and years. It was ...
  A: A challenging quest awaits you. Fortunately, we have the internet, which makes some of your search a ...
art works for sale11/2/2007Valerie Zwart
  Q: My name is Anastasia Ponyatovskaya, I am artist. I am intrested to make some art /exhibitions /show ...
  A: There's no shortage of artists agents. But no one is better motivated to do this than you are. I've ...
Preservation10/3/2007Valerie Zwart
  Q: I want to do a picture using tea, is there a way of preserving it?
  A: It's always best to be as specific as possible with questions. I'm not sure what kind of ...
Marc Chagall8/29/2007Valerie Zwart
  Q: I saw your request for information about getting in touch with the Comite Chagall. I too need to ...
  A: I provided the relevant contact information recently, however, I haven't tried it myself. I have no ...
mural8/20/2007Valerie Zwart
  Q: i've been hired to do my first indoor mural what kind of paint should i use and how should i set the ...
  A: Use good quality (i.e. artist quality; the reason for using good quality paints is 1-better results ...
watercolor8/18/2007Valerie Zwart
  Q: I have a picture of what I want to try to watercolor paint.My problem is I can not draw.How do I ...
  A: The easiest way is to photocopy your picture, setting the machine's light/dark to capture as much ...
MARC CHAGALL5/23/2007Valerie Zwart
  Q: I need to make contact with the Comite Chagall in Paris. How can I do this? Can you help me? Do you ...
  A: This is what I know: the president of the Comite Chagall is Jean Louis Prat. He is also the director ...
mural paint4/3/2007Valerie Zwart
  Q: I have been hired to paint a mural. This is my first outdoor mural. The only other mural I've done ...
  A: Hey Jeff, Use good quality water-based white latex pigmented with 'professional artist' quality ...
Art world terminology3/24/2007Valerie Zwart
  Q: Often when I'm reading about an artist, the term "signature member" is used. Example: Dan Wiemer, ...
  A: There are many societies and art guilds which form around media, artistic style and region, and how ...
Am I too young6/22/2006julia sherman
  Q: my name is Jessica and I just turned 16. I have been drawing since I was 3 and now I am a ...
  A: No artist is ever too young for being noticed. Just look at Mozart who started at 4..... there are ...
Japanese Dolls by Matsushigi3/4/2006julia sherman
  Q: Do you have any information on a Japanese dollmaker named Matsushigi who was a national treasure of ...
  A: I do apologize for taking so long to answer. But often I prefer to have a current knowledge and ...
Markings?1/25/2006julia sherman
  Q: I have a bisque frozen charlotte doll 3 inches tall. What do the markings on the dolls back mean? ...
  A: the 401 is probably the mold number and the number 7 is either the version or the doll size. On the ...
Mandarin Composition Character Doll1/12/2005julia sherman
  Q: Five years ago I bought a Mandarin composition doll (boy)at a thrift shop. It's about six inches ...
  A: Margarita, Can you get any Digital pictures of the doll? The chances are good that this is just a ...
songwriting...singing...songwriting?10/1/2004Clay Nidiffer
  Q: I write poetry and songs and sing where ever I can. Problem is, I don't know how to put music to my ...
  A: The way I put music to what I write is I have a keyboard where I make some nice music and it ...
Art9/3/2004julia sherman
  Q: How or where do I find an appraiser or possible dealer for a painting that was apprasied in 1981 at ...
  A: I did send an anser, but as all internet systems go.. Not everything gets to where it belongs! LOL. ...
glue and paper7/31/2004julia sherman
  Q: Although not specifically about doll construction, you might still know the answer to this. I am ...
  A: japanese glues are made mostly from non chemicals , but rather natural products. If you look up your ...
cant get started3/10/2004Clay Nidiffer
  Q: I veiw myself as an intelligent, well rounded person, with many interests and passions, and I would ...
  A: Hey Tony, I think your probably trying to hard. Try writing a short story, then look it over ...
inking an image on ceramic1/13/2004julia sherman
  Q: Can one draw a face on a ceramic doll with ink before putting in Kiln?
  A: Yes you can. However the ink must be one that can be absorbed into the pores of the bisque. Sumi ink ...

Page:    1 

Artists` Exchange