Arts/Crafts Business/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
selling my art7/12/2015Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: I'm an older artist with a degree from a well-reputed art school. Now that my kids are out of the ...
  A: First things first you need to feel confident about you and selling your pieces. If you are not ...
Logo Design7/31/2014Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: We're an Apps marketing Startup Company called 'AppsOptimum', What do you think about this logo?
  A: I like a lot about it. I like the size, color, and styling of the words apps@ptimum. That part is ...
Indexing6/30/2014Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: Do you know of a free program I can download or use online (other than Google Docs) to organize and ...
  A: I'm not sure I have enough information here to answer your question effectively. Is your store an ...
Requirements for a new online business9/14/2013Candy Keane
  Q: I am wanting to open an Etsy shop and be able to sell some of my small crafting endeavors (Like ...
  A: Don't get too bogged down with the little things at first. Get your Esty shop open and running and ...
Using characters and images on jewelry.8/28/2013Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: I'm hoping that you can help me with a few questions I have. What are the laws on using characters, ...
  A: First of all <b>just because people are using popular characters on their handcrafted items doesn't ...
paypal5/8/2013Candy Keane
  Q: with paypal.. we have cooking school if a person walks in off the street we want them to go to our ...
  A: When I first opened my boutique, I also had people pay through paypal when they came in the shop. I ...
paypal5/8/2013Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: we want to have people pay for our service ON LINE using our paypal. this will mean that you get ...
  A: I use Paypal to accept Payments and haven't yet seen a problem. Though it is always best in business ...
Hand Made Dolls5/3/2013Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: I've created a line of crocheted plush dolls. They're cats dressed up in different outfits, such as ...
  A: First do your research. Find out what other handmade crafts like yours sell for. See if other ...
ART LEGALITY3/26/2013Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: I am a Sci-Fi illustrator and was inspired by the works of the late John Berkey, is it illegal to ...
  A: While I'm not a lawyer and my advice is not legal advice. Family members or companies artists have ...
Online Business2/19/2013Candy Keane
  Q: I started a little greeting card company on etsy.com, but only sold one card since I opened in early ...
  A: I actually just had some shirts printed myself. I went to a local shop after trying a few online ...
I really need FUN hobbies for teen girls1/25/2013Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: I'm really in need of a hobby. I used to be into making stuff out of clay & I'm also really good at ...
  A: Have you thought about scrapbooking, crocheting, or knitting? These are inexpensive crafts that are ...
How to sell my art?10/20/2012Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: I would like to start my art career, need to get exposure and sell my art works. How to start? ...
  A: First research if people actually buy the arts and crafts you intend to make. When you know people ...
Reselling shirts5/23/2012Jane Button
  Q: Is it legal to purchase a printed shirt from a store such as Walmart and cut and add embellishments ...
  A: The question would be - are you going to resell these direct to consumers or wholesales? What is ...
Broad or specific business5/16/2012Jane Button
  Q: I have written you once before and we are on eachother's facebook, you gave me a great answer before ...
  A: Without knowing other details of your business it is a challenge to answer your questions about ...
Selling Designs3/13/2012Jane Button
  Q: I have over 50 t-shirt designs but I do not have money to print them. My question is how do I sell ...
  A: Getting products into stores is a process - and especially into department stores. They have their ...
Could I possibly be successful doing this?2/1/2012Jane Button
  Q: For about seven months I have been making homemade greeting cards as a hobby; but the people that I ...
  A: This is a challenging question because there are so many factors to putting a product line together. ...
Could I have a successful business with yarn?2/1/2012Jane Button
  Q: I create things with yarn and plastic yarn canvas and I make a few dollars from it every now and ...
  A: Without seeing your product and knowing more about your idea it's hard to say what you need to do to ...
would it sell?11/28/2011Jane Button
  Q: , Sorry I sent you a message a few minuites ago but forgot to mention what craft I am currently ...
  A: I just sent you a message answering your first question - so please check that one out. Christmas ...
I'm just starting to think about selling11/28/2011Candy Keane
  Q: I've been interested in crafts for a while and love making various things but would be interested on ...
  A: I saw your 2nd question about the pompoms so will answer them both here. You would definately ...
Starting out selling11/28/2011Jane Button
  Q: I've been interested in crafts for a while and love making things but would be interested on where ...
  A: It is actually fairly complicated since there are so many variables depending on your product - your ...
How can I find distributors in United States?11/3/2011Candy Keane
  Q: How are you doing? Please note we are China-based and specialized in supplying fine and top grade ...
  A: You can get a listing at http://www.alibaba.com and that will put you in contact with people looking ...
metalworkin8/20/2011Jane Button
  Q: Button I am Mark and I make wrought iron furniture. They are usually one of a kind pieces but I can ...
  A: Yes, there is a market for these kind of pieces. Sales of handcrafted items are very much in vogue. ...
Pencil drawings5/28/2011Jane Button
  Q: My son has become very good at drawing pencil portrait sketches from photos. He has been asked to ...
  A: I am not an attorney and you may want to consult with one in order to get a legal opinion on this ...
selling my crafts3/18/2011Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: I make dolls, bunnys, etc. all by hand. No sewing machine. I am planning to set up a booth next ...
  A: A cute way to set up your craft show booth might be to use pastel colored table cloths and then to ...
Use of bag pattern1/25/2011Jane Button
  Q: I want to alter a pattern downloaded from the internet and use it to make market bags for sale. The ...
  A: I am not an attorney. However it is my experience that when they say "the pattern may not be ...
Paper Crafts Copyright1/25/2011Jane Button
  Q: I like to purchase patterned/designed scrapbook papers from my local crafts stores and use them to ...
  A: I would like to preface my answer by saying I am not an attorney. However I do have some experience ...
Card business11/20/2010Jane Button
  Q: Ever since I made my first card to my grandma, she loved it and she gave me the idea to start my own ...
  A: It's not a matter of how many cards you need - it's how you are going to create your business model. ...
Getting Press11/2/2010Candy Keane
  Q: I am a sculptor, and I have participated in a couple of local small shows. Now I have the ...
  A: The best way to contact press is by writing your own press release. You can then e-mail it out to ...
Fridge magnet follow-up11/1/2010Jane Button
  Q: I just had one more question as a follow up to my Fridge magnets. Is there any law that prevents me ...
  A: I am not an attorney - however my understanding is that if you take the photo it is yours to use in ...
fridge magnets10/14/2010Jane Button
  Q: I am sorry but mu computer freaked out on me and I do not think I finished my though in my last ...
  A: Pricing can be tricky and something you need to carefully research and determine your market before ...
How do I file taxes when using ribbon and fabric?10/5/2010Jane Button
  Q: I have a slef owned business where I sell and make children's clothing. Some clothing is made from ...
  A: I am not clear if you make the clothing from scratch and you are the manufacturer of the items or if ...
Hand-painted silk pillows, scarves, ties and evening bags.9/26/2010Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: I would like to start a business selling my hand-painted silk pillows, scarves, ties and evening ...
  A: The key to a successful handcrafted business is to choose a significant group of people and solve a ...
selling my artwork9/24/2010Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: I am interested in selling prints of my artwork. My question to you is about sales tax. If I am ...
  A: If you need to collect sales tax depends on the tax laws of your city, county and state. Many craft ...
illustation advice9/23/2010Jane Button
  Q: and its the Authers first book also. I need some advice on pricing for this? Its about 5 pages and ...
  A: Pricing and illustrating is very subjective. Your price depends on several aspects. Know your ...
clothing9/21/2010Jane Button
  Q: Is it legal to re-design old clothing I already have into new clothing and sell it online?Or am ...
  A: I am not clear if you are taking the actual clothing piece and redoing it or creating a pattern from ...
production9/14/2010Jane Button
  Q: Once i have a prototype of my craft where do I get it mass produced. Example say i have a clock ...
  A: Unfortunately without knowing what your product is it's hard to know where to tell you to start. ...
early life crisis9/10/2010Jane Button
  Q: I am in my last year as an education student in college and I hate it. I love kids but don't want ...
  A: You sound very creative with many interests - and that is a good thing to have so many choices. ...
want to start a craft retail store8/27/2010Shasta McLaughlin
  Q: i have always wanted to open a craft store in my area,sence the big retail store took out there ...
  A: Opening a store is a long and involved process. It involves so many things and since I've never ...
Engraving business?7/25/2010Jane Button
  Q: Jane, do you know much about the Engraving business? I would like to justify buying a Roland ...
  A: Sounds as though this is something you would like to purchase and trying to figure out if you can ...
Starting a Greeting Card Business7/5/2010Jane Button
  Q: I have a few ideas about starting a business from my current hobbies I and would like to know the ...
  A: My number one answer to creative people wanting to start a business is to take something you are ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7   |  Next       All

Arts/Crafts Business

Shasta McLaughlin

Top Expert on this page