Arts/Crafts for Kids/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Art quote for article3/16/2015MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: I am looking for a quotes for a few articles I am writing that talk about how art can benefit ...
  A: I have a number of articles on my website, and also on the Gryphon House website. You are welcome to ...
tempera paint and coloring (called :crayon etching: )1/24/2014MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: My sister told me of a project she used to do with her students, but she couldn't remember the ...
  A: That's the project!! Plain and simple!! I think the ratio must be on the internet. When I've done ...
Bleaching paper8/5/2013Mullan Noel T.
  Q: Do you by chance know how someone can remove ink from paper in case one has a bunch of sheets with a ...
  A: Using bleach could deconstruct the paper and turn it to mush. You might try to cover it artists ...
face painting!7/30/2013MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: I am throwing a face painting party...but I have no idea where to even start to look for a great ...
  A: Briana. You can make your own facepaint if you like, or you can buy it. I believe Michaels has ...
digestive system model7/1/2013Mullan Noel T.
  Q: I am from India.My son who is in IVth standard has been told to make a model on digestive system,I ...
  A: Finding information can sometimes bogal the mind. The nearest website I have found that might help ...
I need FUN hobbies for teen girls1/25/2013Mullan Noel T.
  Q: I'm really in need of a hobby. I used to be into making stuff out of clay & I'm also really good at ...
  A: Teddy With cost the major problem with most hobbies, constructing things with paper is ...
Process art for 12 months thru 18 months12/4/2012MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: I am a daycare teacher for five adorable children 12 through 18 months. I am required to offer them ...
  A: Shannen. You are working with VERY young children, which means they are still exploring by mouth and ...
A Model for Science Exhibition8/29/2012Mullan Noel T.
  Q: I want to make a model (a working model) based on Science or Maths for Science exhibition. I am in ...
  A: Music is made up of Math this website will instruct you in the principles of a simple flute. It is ...
Fabric crafts for 2-3s7/25/2012Laura
  Q: i work in a nursery and we have access to quite a lot of fabric i was wondering if you had any ...
  A: I have actually never done fabric crafts with children of that age group but I did do a little ...
Kids playdo7/5/2012Laura
  Q: Just wondering if you know a good recipie for kids playdo? also I dont remeber the name of it but ...
  A: Here are some of the recipes I use... Play-dough: ...
squeez-art5/29/2012Mullan Noel T.
  Q: .. i found a cardboard tube that was donated to my daughters' school that has a 60's - 70's looking ...
  A: It sounds like plaster of paris Take a little and use an eyedropper to put water on until it has the ...
Project2/25/2012Mullan Noel T.
  Q: I'm a student in high school and we have a project to make about anything related to environment. Do ...
  A: Hana The one thing that comes to mind is a sundial. It can be made of recycled ...
Tempera paint projects7/23/2011MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: I was recently given some powder tempera paints to use with my boys aged 10 and 4. Can you suggest ...
  A: Powdered tempera has been around for ages, but most schools don't use it anymore because liquid is ...
Idea for arts or crafts...3/12/2011Laura
  Q: I have a nine year old girl that i want to do art with. I don't mind helping her with some things, ...
  A: Below I have listed some great websites that I use often for craft ideas with children. ...
Art for 16 month twins?!2/28/2011Laura
  Q: I'm a nanny looking after 16 month old boy girl twins, I really want to do More arts and crafts with ...
  A: Below I have listed a couple great websites that I use often for crafts with 16 month year old kids. ...
Art class grade 712/10/2010Laura
  Q: I need tips. I SUCK at art. I can not make up my own ideas. I tend to look at peoples things and ...
  A: Below I have a couple websites for you to look at. Remember, drawing gets better with practice. You ...
Craft idea for kids12/4/2010Laura
  Q: I am living in a hotel room with my 3 year old girl and 9 month old son for the past 6 weeks.We are ...
  A: There are lots of great easy crafts for kids to do inside during this weather. Below I have listed ...
Help! Homemade birthday gift!12/2/2010Laura
  Q: My mums birthday is in 12 days. I really want to make her something special this year, but I have ...
  A: Here are a couple suggestions: - I know you said you didn't want a baking good but cookies in a ...
Stuffed Rat11/1/2010Laura
  Q: We need to make a stuffed rat for my four year old son's school project. Please advise how to make ...
  A: Unfortunately I have never made a stuffed rat before. However, I did do some research and below are ...
Crafts (art)6/15/2010MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: What are some crafts for an 8 year old?
  A: Julia. First, I want to explain something about the difference between ART and CRAFTS (crafties we ...
Arts and Crafts6/15/2010Mullan Noel T.
  Q: What craft can an 8 year old do?
  A: We have so much information on the Internet that it can be overwhelming. When trying to search use ...
community sculpture idea4/15/2010MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: I need help with something. This summer, I am leading arts and crafts at our VBS for 3-10 year olds. ...
  A: I've done various 3-D sculpture projects that grow and grow and are fun, but nothing related to ...
community sculpture4/15/2010Laura
  A: Below, I have found some great links to websites with different craft ideas. ...
recycle3/14/2010MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: I'm in the 9th grade and I have to do a project for my science class. My teacher told us it's ok to ...
  A: I want to think about this...this is a VERY interesting question, and perhaps one of the MOST ...
Scottish craft2/7/2010MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: I found your email along with a request for any ideas about scottish crafts for kids for a girl ...
  A: Dede, I never did find anything. My expertise is in expressive art, rather than craft, so I am not ...
crafts for 1-2 year olds1/4/2010Laura
  Q: I am hosting a playgroup for about 15 16-24 month old children and their mom's. We will be using a ...
  A: There are several different activities that you could do for your playgroup. Crafts, games, and ...
river model11/27/2009Mullan Noel T.
  Q: My 5th grader needs to make a model of the Mississippi River. Any ideas?
  A: This river has many configurations, from wide and shallow to narrow and deep. It would be impossible ...
Art material for kids10/23/2009Laura
  Q: I am artist. I have been given an oppurtunity to do a 45 minute workshop with kids. Their age is 3-4 ...
  A: Sadly, I am very far from an artist, but I have taught several different classes for children of all ...
craft8/18/2009Mullan Noel T.
  Q: can you suggest some craft ideas with easily found materials like paper, glue ...
  A: http://www.papercraftmuseum.com/ Above is a copy of a website that will have crafts made of card ...
rubber band painting from MaryAnn Kohl8/10/2009MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: I remember using your rubber band painting technique before - however I now forget if you did the ...
  A: There are different variations of this rubber band activity. Here are two that come to mind. I ...
Childrens Crafts - 100 theme8/5/2009MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: I am trying to come up with a quick and easy activity for children aged 5+ (up to teenagers) that ...
  A: I'm very sorry I missed your question. I was out of town celebrating my daughter's wedding. From ...
water color on paper7/3/2009MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: How can I get water color paint from a child out of my antique book??? Do you know any way to remove ...
  A: Watercolor paints are pigments meant to absorb into paper. Your book is made of paper. So this is a ...
7 year old kid6/4/2009Mullan Noel T.
  Q: We are 3 in a family and my son feels himself lonely manytimes. I cannot afford to let him go ...
  A: because you seem to have access to Email try this website it is made for young people. download the ...
Art for 9 mos. to 12 mos.3/18/2009MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: So how should art begin with a 9 mo old? Can they do fingerpaints and play dough? What else?
  A: Some nine month olds are much like one year olds, while others are still like a six month old, so my ...
Fabric Painting2/21/2009MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: Our school would like to paint large banners using fabric paints or felts. A group of children are ...
  A: I'm sorry, this is outside my expertise and experience. However, I've used Fabric Crayons on paper, ...
Wood crafting1/11/2009Mullan Noel T.
  Q: Do you know any webster which can show my how to build something out of wood for a hamster. Like a ...
  A: Care must be taken for these little creatures are natural chewers and diggers. They will chew out of ...
free art11/14/2008MaryAnn F. Kohl
  Q: And well in school I learned that even art supplies should be reachable to children. Meaning if and ...
  A: "Research shows that children who draw without adult interference do better in other subjects like ...
ENTREPRENEURSHIP11/7/2008Mullan Noel T.
  Q: I GOT ASSIGNMENT OF EDUCATIONAL TOY FOR 5 10 YEAR CHILDREN(BOTH) CREATE A NEW IDEA THAT CANNOT BE ...
  A: My source on the Internet is not safe for you to go to. amazon .com would be able to reference it ...
Milk Jug Rings11/3/2008Laura
  Q: I hope you understand what I am speaking of. Do you know of the rings that come off of milk jugs? If ...
  A: I have never made any crafts before using milk jug rings, but I spent a bit of time looking some ...
bored day craft4/30/2008Laura
  Q: hey i need usual things around the hose craft ideas i need at least 3 ideas for me and my sisters ...
  A: Using house hold items for arts and crafts can be lots of fun and are a great way to recycle. You ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4   |  Next       All

Arts/Crafts for Kids

MaryAnn F. Kohl

Top Expert on this page