Arts/Crafts for Kids/Milk Jug Rings

CraftyMama wrote at 2008-11-12 23:20:32
Here's another ornament idea:

Just wrap the ring with green glitter pipe cleaners and add ribbon bows, tiny bells, or other small accents.  Use fishing line or narrow ribbon for a hanger.

Check out the complete instructions for Mini Wreaths on the Family Fun website.

stacie wrote at 2012-06-18 14:38:05
if you crochet you can make ornaments, or even picture frames/collages with them. just sc all the way around, ch3, dc all the way around, and glue the picture to the back of it. to make the bracelts sc all around, do the same to the other rings and tie the ends together.

joni wrote at 2014-01-28 20:06:45
I am also saving the rings off of milk jugs I am thinking about making something for the door way or a opening to a room I don't know what you call them but some people has beads just tie string around each one maybe a inch or 2 apart. And maybe adding a trinket in the middle like a small Mobil.I haven't started it yet I need to save a lot more.

Bee wrote at 2015-01-14 20:37:01
I've used the rings as the base for crocheted Christmas ornaments. I chain around the ring and then proceed from there. There are patterns available on the Internet.  

Arts/Crafts for Kids

I can give any ideas or suggestions need for children’s crafts. Anything from easy 5 minute crafts to weekend project crafts. I can also give you ideas about crafts for birthday parties and holiday. Not only can I answer children’s craft questions but also crafts that will engage the whole family.

Working in Children Services for many years and running craft programs for children of all ages.