Arts/Crafts for Kids/Scottish craft

margaret wrote at 2013-04-14 15:47:06
make a scottish flag out of tissue paper

draw the flag then fill in with the paper

also

draw the loch ness monster colour on add to straws one each end and use like a chinese dragon

i am a guider hope this helps

fenris wrote at 2013-07-08 14:10:40
Firstly, to correct a misconception - 'plaid' and 'tartan' aren't interchangable terms, plaid refers to the sash part of an older-style kilt which was thrown up over the shoulder and held in place at the front with a large brooch, before the modern sewn kilts were introduced - it doesn't refer to the design on the fabric at all.

For Scottish crafts, I'd suggest anything related to Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster (from something as simple as a bookmark in green card with wiggly eyes, and if you wish, a tartan hat).  

Or something based on the Scottish flag (the saltire) - fimo or equivalent which can have a brooch pin or magnet attached at the back, especially effective are beaded pins using glass seed beads.

Good 'sheep' pins can be made by bending black pipecleaners to form the body and head, then wrapping an oddment of fluffy white or dark brown knitting wool round the body to create the fleece.

Arts/Crafts for Kids

MaryAnn F. Kohl